V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have a contact number for Hooker Headers as I want to confirm the length and Internal Diameter of the following part numbers:

Rebel Series - Part # 27900-1HKR - Long Staggered Straight Cut Pipes for 96" + Engines

Rebel Series - Part # 27902-1HKR - Mid Staggered Straight Cut Pipes for 96" + Engines

Thanks in advance, Ozzie

VETO THE NUMBER I JUST RANG THEM ----- While the guy was very helpful he could not advise what length these pipes are.

so my next question is - Where can I order them from????

All the best, Ozzie

·
Registered
322 Posts
ozz,,, heres Ericks tech line # Ive got a set of 27909-1hkrS from him new on the website no pic was available then(10/20) 1 866 464 6553 he should be able to get engineering specs for ya may take a day or two. good luck ride hard cb

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
clb said:
ozz,,, heres Ericks tech line # Ive got a set of 27909-1hkrS from him new on the website no pic was available then(10/20) 1 866 464 6553 he should be able to get engineering specs for ya may take a day or two. good luck ride hard cb
Hello cb, who is Erick, and where did you buy your pipes?? and how do you find them?

All the best, Ozzie

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Hooker Step Size info...

Try this Ozzie if you haven't found it already. Please post your feedback if you do change out to the Rebel or Troublemaker 2-2 set up.

www.holley.com | TECH LINE: 866-464-6553
Stepped Internal Pipe Sizes

TROUBLEMAKER AND REBEL SERIES 2-1/2” PIPES
ENGINE SIZE STEP 1 STEP 2 STEP 3/FINISHED SIZE
80-95” 1-1/2” 1-3/4” 2-1/2”
96”+ 1-5/8” 1-7/8” 2-1/2”

SHORT STAGGERED 2-1/4” DRAG PIPES
80-95” 1-1/2” 1-3/4” 2-1/4”
96”+ 1-5/8” 1-7/8” 2-1/4”

LONG EVEN/LONG STAGGERED 2-1/4” DRAG PIPES
80-95” 1-5/8” 1-3/4” 2-1/4”
96”+ 1-3/4” 1-7/8” 2-1/4”

TUNED FLOW - TRUE DUALS OR 2 INTO 1
ENGINE SIZE STEP 1 STEP 2 STEP 3 FINISHED SIZE
80-95” 1-1/2” 1-3/4” 2” 4”
96”+ 1-5/8” 1-7/8” 2-1/4” 4”
74ci . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1200cc
80ci . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1340cc
88ci . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1450cc
95ci . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1550cc
CID and CC Engine Size
Conversion Chart

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate your help with this SFTL-1, I ended up going to a guy who has made pipes for me in the past in Australia and will get him to custom make these for me with A/F Bungs installed also......................

I do think the Rebel series will be quite ok.............in approx. 50" length with the desk top dyno I am using for my 98" build and cams I will run.

Absoluteley no evidence that stepped tune pipes add to the performance of engines under 6000rpm.

All the best, Ozzie

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't see them listed very often, but besides the "Short" and "Long" 2-1/4" Drag Pipes Hooker also makes a "Mid Length" Slash Cut 2-1/4" Stepped Tuned Drag Pipe.

They are available for the 80 - 95" and 96"+ engines.

I prefer the Mid-Length over the Short and Long style. Like the others, you can get optional internal baffles/mufflers, but I have had mine for a couple of months, and have left them 'stock', without any internal baffle/muffler.

Here is a little audio/video link that will give you an idea of their tone at idle.

http://dogsdoom.com/PI/96fxdwg2.mpg

·
Registered
322 Posts
hey ozzz sorry to hang ya up so long,,, erick is a tech at holly/hooker us(holly performance owns hooker) I started out with short staggered step tuned 02 tc, thru an indy shop/cci/chrome specialties b4 the merger, so I have gone thru 3 tech's at hooker on warrenty issues they have been somewhat helpful(given extreme effort on my part) hope this helps cb

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Old Fender Guy.............thanks for the pics and the sound file, I like straight cuts myself and those pipes appear to be around 50" long..............

clb...............I actually answered some of your other posts before I spotted this one.

Many thanks to both of you................Happy New Year, Ozzie.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Ozzie In Arabia said:
Old Fender Guy.............thanks for the pics and the sound file, I like straight cuts myself and those pipes appear to be around 50" long..............

clb...............I actually answered some of your other posts before I spotted this one.

Many thanks to both of you................Happy New Year, Ozzie.

What's the deal with the 50" mark Ozz?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SFTL-1 said:
What's the deal with the 50" mark Ozz?
I got a desk top dyno that is telling me 50" is ideal length for 2 into 2 for the build I want to put together.

Now before you or anyone goes out and buys 50" long pipes............this is not proved and I have no idea at this time if this length will work.

Just that on my dtdyno, it looks to be able to handle quite a number of cominations.

I am in the process of ordering bits and pieces and will have this combo built and tested and will come back on here to advise on whether it was bullsh1t or it actually worked.

All the best, Ozzie

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Ozzie In Arabia said:
I got a desk top dyno that is telling me 50" is ideal length for 2 into 2 for the build I want to put together.

Now before you or anyone goes out and buys 50" long pipes............this is not proved and I have no idea at this time if this length will work.

Just that on my dtdyno, it looks to be able to handle quite a number of cominations.

I am in the process of ordering bits and pieces and will have this combo built and tested and will come back on here to advise on whether it was bullsh1t or it actually worked.

All the best, Ozzie
What length did you Pro Streets measure out to and were the front & rear pipe of equal length?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SFTL-1 said:
What length did you Pro Streets measure out to and were the front & rear pipe of equal length?
Sorry buddy, I did measure them but dont remember now.........best guess was 24 front pipe, 22 rear pipe, with 20" mufflers.

Some one on here might give the correct lengths.

All the best, Ozzie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts