V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first ride was a Honda Mini Trail 70. Had a blast as kid on that. First real bike was Triumph 500 Trophy Twin win I was 16. But my first real motorcycle was 59 sporster, fully chopped, hartail. First time I drove into the kitchen (open headers) my new wife decided it was time for it to go. So for the next 26 years I looked and dreamed. Finally, bought a 2000 Roadking Classic and not giving this one up. And the new wife (same one) loves to ride as well. Took a long time, but finally back!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Congrats on jumping back in - I started on a Yamaha Trail 80 and rode the crap out of that poor thing. I got back in 2 yrs ago - my Road King is pushing 18000mi and its a blast

·
TL
500 Posts
2kroadking said:
My first ride was a Honda Mini Trail 70. Had a blast as kid on that. First real bike was Triumph 500 Trophy Twin win I was 16. But my first real motorcycle was 59 sporster, fully chopped, hartail. First time I drove into the kitchen (open headers) my new wife decided it was time for it to go. So for the next 26 years I looked and dreamed. Finally, bought a 2000 Roadking Classic and not giving this one up. And the new wife (same one) loves to ride as well. Took a long time, but finally back!
Welcome to the Board. This is uncanny but earlier tonight my little one and I were in an antique shop in Grand Rivers, KY and in the window the shop owner had displayed a gold Honda 70 gooseneck and a maroon colored Triumph Trophy - both in near mint condition with "not for sale" signs.

There is a restaurant in Grand Rivers called Patti's 1880s that is a great destination. Get the 2" porkchop.

Enjoy your time here.
TL

·
fair to partly cloudy
80 Posts
As I headed out for yet another chilly ride in the valley today I wondered why I enjoy riding in this weather and it dawns on me that it's the memory of that first ride...that honda mini trail 70 I got for xmas oh so many years ago

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hey 2k, welcome to the forum and welcome back to the sport. Your story echos many of those told here. Had a bike, had kids so had to get rid of bike... fast forward 20 something years and get a bike. The fact that your "new wife" enjoys the sport makes it even better.

We are glad you are here. Post often and enjoy that new ride!

Ray

See pix of my ride at...

http://beta.propichosting.com/Album.aspx?folder=450007794

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome back into the wind and to this fine forum of well established V-Twin enthusiasts.

We dig our bikes and yours too. So get yourself up to speed on all the fine posts here on the forum.

Don't forget to laugh on the way.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Welcome to the ?prty:
Honda mini trails were the apple of my eye when I was a little tike. I never had one but many of my buddies did and I always thought it would be great to have one. My buddy and neighbor across the street from me scored 2 of them 2 years ago from a guy from a nearby town that were in absolute mint condition. He has them in his shop sitting around for conversation pieces. A couple of years ago I bought a Honda Trail 90 that had less than 100 miles on it tu use as a paddock bike at the car races I was running then (we had one of those in the family when I was young). I put some miles on it and then sold it. I wonder how many of us on this forum used to lay in bed and think about or dream about those little Hondas when we were in our youth. I know I sure did when I was young.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. I had a minitrail 50! Lots of great info here. Post up often and enjoy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts