V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone made their own quick detachable bags and rack? I have seen one guy a long time ago who could take his sissy bar, rack, and bags all in one unit and carry it into his hotel room.

Never really paid attention to how it was done though.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
I've never seen that done.

Detachable backrest, yes. Saddlebags, yes. Luggage rack, yes. All together, .....nope. I'm imagining what it such a piece of equipment wouuld look like and the visual isn't pretty.

Different strokes for different folks.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Heh.
Its actually pretty simple.
Attache your saddlebags to the detatchable sideplates. You can actually use the saddlebag supports and squeeze them a bit and attache them with the head of the bolt on the inside of the detatch sideplates and use a simple piece of steel and the nuts inside the saddlebags.
Does not look bad at all. All the hardware is concealed. If you ever want to run the detatchables without the saddlebags, you can just use a chrome allen bolt top plug to plug the holes after you remove the bags and hardware.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pasadenajim said:
I've never seen that done.

Detachable backrest, yes. Saddlebags, yes. Luggage rack, yes. All together, .....nope. I'm imagining what it such a piece of equipment wouuld look like and the visual isn't pretty.

Different strokes for different folks.

You could not actually tell it was detachable. It looked stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts