V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a copy of Better Homes and Gardens Home Designer Professional 6.0 that I could borrow to design my house or at least tell me if it is worth buying? :D It retails for $495 so it is a bit much unless I know for a fact it will do what I need to do. I have bought 2 other design packages only to be dissapointed with the end results. I may have some software you can borrow in trade.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kromepony said:
are you sure you are on the right forum??
It is definitly Off Topic so I would say yes. :D I just figure it is worth a try. I am sure there are a few architects on here.

·
Registered
761 Posts
You are probably right traceman, I have never run into a group as unpredictable as this one. You may fare better trying to get some info regarding the home designs of various members of the BeeGees.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I don't know that one first hand, but some of the other ones I've seen you would still have to take it to some to draw for your building permits. There is a less expensive autocad program called autocad lite that you could use to draw your plans and get permits. It doesn't do renderings or the fancy stuff but if you just want plans for a building permit it will work great. I use autocad 2004 at work but they keep it locked up, to prevent lisence violations. Good luck.
Dan

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
98rk said:
I don't know that one first hand, but some of the other ones I've seen you would still have to take it to some to draw for your building permits. There is a less expensive autocad program called autocad lite that you could use to draw your plans and get permits. It doesn't do renderings or the fancy stuff but if you just want plans for a building permit it will work great. I use autocad 2004 at work but they keep it locked up, to prevent lisence violations. Good luck.
Dan
A good friend of mine is designing an industrial lab in SF. His approach to software is ingenious...buy an older version (autocad in this instance) for pennies on the dollar, then pay the significantly reduced upgrade fee for the latest rev ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts