V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Noch ein Bier, bitte!
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this video clip on another site about motorcycles at intersections in Great Britain. This is crazy and should be shown in the US as well to help keep those crazy cagers from pulling out in front of us!:xhere:

http://ruiner.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/howclose.mpg

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
That is some scary **** because you would never know the guy is going to pull out right into your path.

·
Noch ein Bier, bitte!
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True. I've had it happen to me a couple of times though. Once had a guy pull out in front of me with a sherrif right behind me on the highway. I had to lock 'em up to avoid him and the cop just changed lanes and kept on bookin!

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
now i have to change my pants.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Road Glider said:
That is some scary **** because you would never know the guy is going to pull out right into your path.
You don't assume every guy is going to pull out right into your path? Around here they do it on a regular basis.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I didn't watch the video but I know the feeling well, as I'm sure most of us do.

One beautiful day I was riding my favorite road. I crested a small hill that has a road to the right shortly after it. I was going a little too fast as I came over the top and saw a car starting to pull out to go left from this side road and I saw the guy looking the other way. I knew there was NO way I was going to stop in time because I was pretty "light" after the top of the hill so I was trying to deside where I was going to go. I had a few options but none of them sounded fun. Luckily for me the guy looked back my way and stopped about half way into my lane so I manuvered around. It was weird because those very few seconds felt like a lot longer. I remember thinking of all sorts of things. When the minds has to it will work fast. Sometimes, unfortunatly, not fast enough.

Crashing sucks.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
as much as i hate watching these, i find myself drawn to them. Scary as all get out. I have to get some air horns as it seems that at the least a little toot in those situations might wake someone up.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
That was a great spot with high impact (no pun intended) for increasing public awareness. I just sent the link to the MRF and asked them if they thought there would be a possibility of seeing an ad campaign with equal effectiveness as part of the new H3 Transportation Act.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the uk government like to keep all us bikers alive, we are a great source off income for them 2 or 3 miles over the speed limit £90 your number plate a fraction smaller than it should be £60 if youre exhaust is audible from the pavement (sidewalk) god help you

·
Registered
255 Posts
inattentive driving

I just emailed our local news channel here in Mad city the link and a letter asking them to air this. biggest problem is that here in Mad City there are too many tree huggers that may find this offensive. :badmood:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts