V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just recieved pictures of the finished product. I can't wait to get the tins delivered next week and get the bike back together. Below are a couple of sample pictures they sent me. Its a black base with red flames and spayed with Candy Wineberry.

I had the paint done by Attitude Custom Painting in Florida.
http://www.customflamepainting.com
They were extremely easy to deal with and believe me, they know what Customer Service is all about. Big KUDOS to Scott and his crew.

View attachment 29833

View attachment 29834

View attachment 29835

View attachment 29836

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
looks killer make sure and post some pics when its all back on the bike.
wish i had the time and motivation to strip and down my bike for some paint and body mods.:chopper:
thats the one down side to so. florida we dont have the winter to tear things apart. we do sometimes do them in summer when its dog hot

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
now that is some nice paint... I must admit I am a skull man m'self.............

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
hok?

thatoldbike said:
I just recieved pictures of the finished product. I can't wait to get the tins delivered next week and get the bike back together. Below are a couple of sample pictures they sent me. Its a black base with red flames and spayed with Candy Wineberry.

I had the paint done by Attitude Custom Painting in Florida.
http://www.customflamepainting.com
They were extremely easy to deal with and believe me, they know what Customer Service is all about. Big KUDOS to Scott and his crew.

View attachment 29833

View attachment 29834

View attachment 29835

View attachment 29836
very nice,is the wineberry very dark red or is it more purple/blue?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
FatBobRob said:
very nice,is the wineberry very dark red or is it more purple/blue?
Thanks.

The candy wineberry is a deep red. The paint is black but when the sun hits it, it looks like a red hard candy coating if over the paint. Not sure I described it right but is the jist. It might look purple - black and red = purple. :)

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Wow

VERY nice. Must have set you back 50 or 60 bucks?:xhere:

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
nice

paint looks really good. Looks like black base, silver flames, black freehand skulls buried w/ candy wineberry. Nice job!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1bdBagr said:
paint looks really good. Looks like black base, silver flames, black freehand skulls buried w/ candy wineberry. Nice job!
Thanks!

That is correct except the flames. I'm pretty sure the flames are red. Here are a couple pictures of work in progress.

View attachment 29884

View attachment 29885

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
flames

thatoldbike said:
Thanks!

That is correct except the flames. I'm pretty sure the flames are red. Here are a couple pictures of work in progress.

View attachment 29884

View attachment 29885
I think those shots are AFTER the candy went on. It's color sanded and ready for the bar & shield and final clear. The candy wineberry will tone the silver flames deep red, as well as the black base. I just did some airbrushed flames over silver w/ candy red on top with a similar effect. The candy makes the flames a bit more subtle. I like your job. Without being too personal, how much did it set you back? Just curious. Tim

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Nice work!!!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone.

They shipped the tins Monday and they will be here tomorrow. I'm like a kid waiting for Santa Claus. :)

Yes, they sent me status pictures as the job progressed. Like I said, Jody and Scott are really customer service oriented. They understand the countless emails and always respond promptly.

I'm sure I'll be up until midnight putting the bike together. I'm going to try to get the fenders on as well as the exhaust, rear lights, floorboards, etc. That will leave the tank and console for Friday. Its supposed to be gorgeous here this weekend so I'll be able to get out and ride. I'll post pictures this weekend of the finished product.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts