V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
FLAME Ev'rything
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard the July 4th '06 Hollister (CA) Run was cancelled. Is there accuracy to this??????????

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hollister Run

Just read in today's San Jose Mercury that the neighboring town of San Juan Batista is scheduled to consider a proposal March 21st from Biker Design. All is not lost yet. I know, I know, price gouging and all but it's still a rally. And if the backwards thinking government of Hollister is stupid enough to let this one get away, then it's their own fault.:whatever:

·
Young Harley Rider
550 Posts
Humm... Lets see, no T-Shirts, no Big crowds, no slow ass moving guy who just took his Harley out from last Hollister.... I think i am going to call a few people and we just might have ourself another race in Hollister! This might actually be better then before!

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Probably gonna be the best Hollister in many years. They don't really think people are gonna stay home just cuz the city ain't stepping up law enforcement and renting vendor space, do they? I'm considering going and I haven't been in years!

The city better have some pretty good contingency plans cuz people are gonna come!
Pretty good elected officials huh? They are still gonna have a TON of added expense but now they have assured that they will have no way to recoup any of their added expenses...
Just like a freaking politician!!!

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
It would be fun to see how the city reacts to a few thousand bikes showing up with no additional police presence planned. Probably call all over the state to get some support. Sounds like a better party without the city sponcership and vendors anyway. You want posers and vendors, go to Laughlin.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hollister Run

So I was in San Juan Batista this last weekend and asked a local merchant who loves to go to those city council meetings about the run and nothing has been voted on yet. Either way, it's gonna be a real nice weekend down that way. So which weekend is it ? July 1st ? July 8th ? :duh?:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I just took this from the Hollister City website.

If I am reading between the lines properly, they will be citing for equipment abnormalities... This is where the city could actually make quite a bit of money if lots of us show up.... In fact, they may be counting on it.

What are your thoughts?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

2006 Hollister Independence Rally FAQ

Why was the rally canceled?
The City of Hollister incurred over $250,000 of un-reimbursed expenses from last year's rally. After careful consideration, the City Council determined that the City could not afford to subsidize a rally in 2006.

I am a vendor who placed a deposit with the Hollister Independence Rally Committee (HIRC) for the 2006 rally. How do I get my money returned?
HIRC has filed for bankruptcy. Vendors should contact HIRC's attorney, Michael Malter, at (408) 295-1700 for more information.

I have hotel/motel reservations for that weekend. Is it too late to cancel?
Check with your hotel/motel to determine their cancellation policies. All hotels/motels were sent a notification that the rally was cancelled.

Will downtown streets still be closed?
All streets will be open for normal traffic. All traffic laws will be enforced.

Will officers stop me if my motorcycle is not equipped legally?
Officers will enforce all Vehicle Code laws, including those relating to equipment.

Will there be special parking areas for motorcycles?
No. There will not be any parking areas set aside for motorcycles.

Will parking ordinances be enforced?
Yes. All parking ordinances, including time zone parking, will be enforced.

Will there be any special facilities (port-a-potties, etc.)?
No special facilities will be placed.

Will there be any entertainment (bands, shows, etc.)?
There will be no entertainment, shows or displays downtown.

Are there any special activities planned by the City?
No. The City has no planned special activities.

Is there going to be an organized event for next year?
The determination of whether or not there will be an event in 2007 has not been made.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I knew that this was going to canceled a year ago. We were going to go up with some friends that head up there every year. Went to make reservations and found that it wasn't going on this year.

·
Sick Puppy
1,703 Posts
probably go anyway, its the journey not the destination that matters. It didn't start out as an EVENT.Besides the party is in my head .I can ride 500 miles without saying a word to anyone and have a blast doin' it.
Good Times. :banana:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hollister

I also read that the city is expecting bikes to still show up and will be paying officers overtime to be prepared. They figured the overtime expenses will still be alot less than what it cost the city last year.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
I don't get it. Why go to a rally in a city that dont want you there? All the big name rallies are becoming the same way...the city loves the money the rally brings in but they'd just as soon you'd send your money in and stay at home. How do they show this?...by flashing their badges and writing citations for the tinyest of infractions that wouldn't be a problem at any other time. They host a biker rally and want it to resemble a church social. There is a rally out west where if a chick chooses to flash she not only is cited but when the court date rolls around, if convicted, she has to register as a sex offender for life! And you want to go to a rally in a city that dont want you there in the first place? If it's just for the ride this country is full of amazing destinations. ...with a lot less chance of a pocket full of tickets or jail time.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Hollister locals

Plenty of bikers in Hollister living there, bikers with Kin folk( did I just say Kin folk)?I have a family there, thats sounds smarter,anyway Have I read the post right, you can attend the no rally gona be there festivities if your on private property>Um what about my freedom rights like the right to peaceably assembly, or, nevermind its not worth it. Ill see the family later when its not a perhaps problems at a not gona be a festival festiveity come to the raly if you stay on private property are vendors gona be there who knows raley or not a raley.

See you in the early morning and in the sunset bikeing down the road kind of day, Babe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts