V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice article about possible cancellation of the annual Hollister Ca 4th of July Biker rally in todays LA Times. See California section: "Hollister Kicks its Annual Biker Rally to the Curb." Local civil war between Biker mayor and supporters who love the history and cash cow of the rally against old school county sheriff who
only see's Hell Angels and Mongols.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Sad but seems true. Check out the Hollister CA web site: http://hollister.ca.gov/site/index.asp

That sucks a$$. That rally is alot of fun. My girlie and I were looking forward to going this year. More R.U.B.s then "real" bikers though, but thats the case at most rallies now adays. Yeah, Red-n-White make a presence, but so do alot of other clubs. Its all pretty chill. Having the city say they didn't make $$$ off that rally is rediculous. They make a killing on parking tickets alone (buddies front tire was 1 inch on the white line and they gave him a ticket another got towed).

·
Registered
265 Posts
That's a tough situation...though it sounds like more of a money problem than a anti-rally Sheriff that's to blame.

We have a 3-day music festival here in Columbia, SC each year. It's a big news story each year...the struggle for the festival to pay for itself and when it can't, the city bridging the revenue gap with tax dollars.

Some folks don't like it and make a BIG stink about it.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Somewhere I read the city claims the money they make doesn't justify all the money the spend on cops overtime and set up. Which seems odd, or poorly run. Never been there so I don't know.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I heard about the cancelation at the local dealer from a group that was really P.O ed. Some of them said they were going to go anyway and party.Maybe history will repete itself.

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
Interesting that HIRC is bankrupt. On the FAQ page a Vendor was asking about his deposit money and was refereed to the attorney of HIRC.

Seems there are so many issues with events anymore and they are over enforced, and expensive.

What is the attraction?

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
LAF said:
Seems there are so many issues with events anymore and they are over enforced, and expensive.

What is the attraction?
I agree...seems to be coming full circle, the rallys that are successful seem to be the old style biker events where everyone attends the event on private property...no hassles, cops or nosy town folk...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts