V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the time of the year that many of us feel generous.

When you're feeling generous, remember the H/D Forum! The cost of operation is paid by dprice and through donations from members and a few sponsors.

The H/D Forum is free. However, there is a PayPal link attached to the Forum. Don't forget it's there. Your donations will help dp offset the MANY costs that are associated with operating this site.

You know this is the BEST H/D site on the Internet. Help dp keep the H/D Forum running. Hit that PayPal link as part of your Holiday spirit this year.

Everyone enjoys this site. Let's help support it!!!!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
...done deal!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Remember, just to host this site on a server costs money, but let's not forget the long hours of administrating that occurs behind the scenes and the "Beer" that fuels those endeavors.

So, Support YOUR Harley Davidson Forum :cool:

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Just did it. Thanks DP for allowing me to be a part of this forum.

BTW, Paypal requires too much information when using a credit card.:mad:

·
Woo-hoo
2,579 Posts
I like the thankyou note....dear sir ..... LOL

Thanks DP and Roadkinghd for having the opportunity to post and meet new friends (great friends)....I would like to tell u both to have A Very Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Paypal is secure and is a great way to send and recieve money on the internet. If you are concerned you can use a bank acount(I suggest a small acount at a different bank than you normally use) . That way there is no way to link to other acounts and you can deposit funds as are necesary for purchases. I have a few friends that use Ebay constantly and in years of use have not had a single problem(wish I could say that about my bank)!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
They asked personal questions, ie; address, phone #, etc. This information is allready with the credit card company which bills me, not Paypal. Why do they need my email address?

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
To send confirmations of payment. I don't like giving all that information to everyone I make an internet purchase from. Now that paypal has all that I just have to use my paypal password and give them the info and they send the payment. I guess I would rather trust one business than all the rest. All busineses will take a check including the HDforum, but even a check has information on it that could be used against you????

I don't know, I'm pretty paranoid and I use paypal. I also pay all my bills online (through my bank). Do whatever you feel safe with, I actually miss the days of cash, those days are slowly slipping away. We are just numbers, allright I'm done now, that was close !!!!!!!:)

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PayPal

Once you set up a PayPal account, you can have money directly deducted from your checking account or charged to a credit card account. I like to be able to have the choice when I'm making a purchase, or donation.

In the case of the credit card, they sent me a "reminder" when the card was about to expire.

I've used PayPal several times and after the initial start up process, it's pretty easy and safe.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bump!

Tomorrow I'm going to be leaving town for a few days. However, I believe the Holiday spirit and donations to the H/D Forum are important enough to "bump" back up on the "active" threads.

bump.....

Remember the H/D Forum this Holiday Season.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
First off, I would like to personally wish everyone a Happy Holiday season.

Secondly, it is the members and the forum administrators that make this place what it is today. Thanks for your hard work and dedication to service!

Finally, I would like to thank everyone that has donated to keep this place alive. As the forum continues to grow, it will only require more server/hosting resources. YES, it is expensive to maintain. I could be purchasing chrome parts every month. But instead, I choose to run this website as another hobby and will continue to do so at any expense.

Your contributions, however small they may be, will help me pay for bandwidth usage/server resources.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to the website via posts and/or donations! I hope that you have a safe holiday season and get your XMAS wish lists fullfilled!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Bump

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
bump, abump, bump,
me and my drum
me and my drum

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
fourhour said:
bump, abump, bump,
me and my drum
me and my drum
.......bump

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Thealien said:
Cute Dennis, what a nice way to bring up Christmas donations !!!
Yeah, I've been called that before!:D Bump

·
Registered
41 Posts
Time and knowledge = $$ I thank you all for the info and advice I receive on a constant basis on this forum. I'll be sending my gratitude dprice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts