V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a new guy logging in. I hope to learn from all of you as well as share some of my own expereinces. I will soon be 49 years of age and have been riding for about 35 years. I currently ride a black and white 2001 Road King courtesy of the law enforcement agency I work for. I have put 21K miles on it since new. I have been a cop for 25 years and I have 7 years of experience riding police motors. Law enforcement riding and training is quite a bit different than civilain riding and perhaps we can have discussions as to what riding technique is better. I do not currently pleasure ride but someday when I retire, I will buy my own bike. My retirement dream is to ride the Alaskan Highway. I own a couple of older Hondas from the early '70's but both are restored bikes that I seldom ride. I have a hobbiest interest in older muscle cars and I am pretty good mechanic. I am currently restoring a 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS. I also have a very clean and original 1978 Camaro. Unusual things in my living room are a restored 50's Bennett gas pump and an antique fire hydrant .
I hope everyone stays safe over the holidays and and remember to keep the dirty side down.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome upflying, glad to have you join us, post up often........ and keep the dog out of the living room....:D

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
WELCOME TO THE BEST FORUM IN THE FREE LAND. THANKS FOR DOING YOUR PART TO KEEP IT SAFE!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome upflying,

I am finally glad to find someone that can remind cagers we have road right too. Glad to have you join us and it would be interesting to hear the differences. But I can tell you, right off, if the drivers see you now on your black and white they will let you have the right of way get on a regular street bike and even if they see you they don't always give you the right of way regardless if you are supposed to have it or not. Take care and always wear that vest, no matter how hot it is.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts