V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

One of the members from my Road Glide list mentioned the V-Twin Forum so I thought I'd check in. Following the formula listed for intros, here are some details about me. Currently I ride a '98 FLTR Road Glide. It is the only year that the Road Glide was made with an Evo engine; the engine was prelaced this summer at about 45K miles after the bottom end self destructed. I have no plans on replacing the scoot.

My first riding experiences go back to high school and home made mini-bikes. In college I never owned a bike but used to use a room mates bike as transportation. Had friends back then who were 1%ers but that was in the early 70s. Didn't by my own first bike until about '93. It was an old Yamaha triple 850. I traded it in on a Sportster in '95 and then traded that in towards the FLTR.

I spent most of the last 12 years putting on about 10K to 12K miles per year. Since moving from Tucson to Central Oregon the miles per year have dropped drastically. Haven't had a days riding ability in well over a month hear with all the white stuff falling out of the sky and sticking on the ground. The good new is that my guitars are getting a lot of use. My work in engineering is keeping me pretty well occupied as is my family. Did I mention have a great holiday season.

-Lee

:banana:

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hello Lee and welcome! You are among many friends here. This is a great place to hang out, learn from experts and simply add to the motorcycling experience.

We are glad you are here. Enjoy and post often!

Merry Christmas!

Ray

See pix of my ride at...

http://beta.propichosting.com/Album.aspx?folder=450007794

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Congratulations.

You have found the elite forum for people with elite motorcycles.

We just love to shoot the ship about our fine bikes and yours. So pull up a chair and do some reading up on this fine chrome and two wheeled forum.

Welcome aboard.

·
Head Trickster
116 Posts
Engineer in Redmond? You work at Schlosser's (sp?)

Welcome to the board. Used to live in Redmond...little apartment over the vac and sew shope across from Sentry. Back in my poor days...fun, though!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Welcome aboard from the Willamette Valley. We ride over the Santiam Pass often in the summer to Bend. Good ridin there. ?prty:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tagster said:
Engineer in Redmond? You work at Schlosser's (sp?)

Welcome to the board. Used to live in Redmond...little apartment over the vac and sew shope across from Sentry. Back in my poor days...fun, though!

Actually live in Bend. Work for APT which is being bought out. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fire4Effect said:
Welcome aboard from the Willamette Valley. We ride over the Santiam Pass often in the summer to Bend. Good ridin there. ?prty:
Let me know when you get this side of the mountains.

-Lee

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Lots of great info here. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
hogwldfltr said:
Let me know when you get this side of the mountains.

-Lee
Welcome! I ride with Fire4Effect and we will have to give you a heads up next time we ride over. I will be in Redmond this weekend for the Oregon Classic, but to cold to ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts