V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Most people put the same seat screw back in the fender. There are decorative screws also. Crusie your catalogs for options!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Your local dealer will have a little plastic, fake chrome looking decorative cap that pushes in the hole. Five bucks or so. I believe they come stock on Heritage Springers (they're stored under the seat when riding two up, or at least so I've been told).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey PJ,
One of the HD seats has an extension that covers that hole up when you run the solo seat. Little creativity and you may be able to make it work with yours. You know any PJ's from Patrick? I'm a LM from Patrick.
BK

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey loadie, yes, I know/knew a few guys that are currently there. I wonder if MSgt Arse is still there? Anyway, thanks for the info. OB

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey PJ,
Don't know Arse but Curl has a 02' 1200 Sporty. Just bought it this year after a deployment. Most of us are still deployed. I should be back on the 24th.
BK

·
Registered
985 Posts
Home Depot has chrome hole plugs in all sizes for about .50 cents each,
stay chrome or paint to match your fender

·
Registered
477 Posts
On my 95 Badboy when using a solo seat, go to Auto Zone. They sell flat black push in plastic covers, inserts actually used to reattach door panels. They have different sizes, head sizes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
On my O3 fatboy I used a chrome button head allen bolt and chrome washer normally used to mount the trim on cowbells for a FL front end.
Parts left over from working on a friends bike. I had to remove the special nut and replace it with a 7/16 fine thread lock nut.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts