V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jockeyshift (or anybody else who might know), what goes in this hole in my MagnaCharger? I can't seem to find any reference to it in the install instructions.

I will call MC tomorrow (for the umpteenth time) but I thought somebody here might know. My bike is torn down already and I hoped to finish today, but the install is on hold until I find out for sure that I won't have to take it apart again to install whatever goes in this hole. :huh:

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Just curious, but what made you choose this one over the Woody's blower?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK I figured it out. The hole is for the cam position sensor, which I don't have since my engine is a 2003. So the guy at MC says just plug it with a "radiator plug". Doesn't sound like that will look very good. ^rolleyez^ So I guess it's up to me to find something that doesn't look like s**t.

timbo said:
Just curious, but what made you choose this one over the Woody's blower?
Multiple reasons. First, the woody's is for FI bikes, and mine is carbed. Second, I don't personally care for the woody's look. Third, the woody's is centrifugal and I prefer the roots design of the MagnaCharger.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Glad you figured it out. Mines an Evo and doesn't have that hole. I have the installation instructions that you can print off on my website for both the Evo and Twin Cam if you need them. I also have the dirctions for setting up the Mikuni and the CV for the supercharger on there too.

Good luck and keep me informed how things are going.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jockeyshift said:
Glad you figured it out. Mines an Evo and doesn't have that hole. I have the installation instructions that you can print off on my website for both the Evo and Twin Cam if you need them. I also have the dirctions for setting up the Mikuni and the CV for the supercharger on there too.

Good luck and keep me informed how things are going.
Thanks I already swiped those files from your site. :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it on! Tomorrow I'll get the rest done and fire that puppy up. Already got the dyno-tune scheduled for saturday.

"My boy, you have taken your first step into a larger world." :chopper:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Wow, looks great!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
What has been done to you motor and how much boost are you planning to run? I can't wait to see the results.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'm starting a new thread to describe the install process with pics and details. Hopefully others who buy a used MagnaCharger will get some ideas of what to do (and what NOT to do).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts