V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Harley Street Glide
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a strange situation. I have a 2010 SG with the stock head unit. I aquired this amp used (fully tested at HOGtunes in Canada as being good. Speakers and tweeter pod both hogtunes are new.
Wtih amp not used no issue. With amp connected and stereo powered of I get what sounds like RFI in the speakers. I asked Hogtunes tech and he says it's because the amp has constant power even when the deck is off and recommended I add a toggle switch to power off the amp when the stereo isn't in use. Now to me that doesn't sound like a solution but more a work around..
What can I check? What may be causing this and ideas to fix it without adding a auxiliary power switch. See link to sound file taken from my cellphone in front of the speaker. At the end when you don't hear sound the head unit is powered offAmp sound

Help and suggestions appreciated

·
Vendor
14 Posts
Here is a strange situation. I have a 2010 SG with the stock head unit. I aquired this amp used (fully tested at HOGtunes in Canada as being good. Speakers and tweeter pod both hogtunes are new.
Wtih amp not used no issue. With amp connected and stereo powered of I get what sounds like RFI in the speakers. I asked Hogtunes tech and he says it's because the amp has constant power even when the deck is off and recommended I add a toggle switch to power off the amp when the stereo isn't in use. Now to me that doesn't sound like a solution but more a work around..
What can I check? What may be causing this and ideas to fix it without adding a auxiliary power switch. See link to sound file taken from my cellphone in front of the speaker. At the end when you don't hear sound the head unit is powered offAmp sound

Help and suggestions appreciated
Make sure that the amp is isolated from the chassis.

·
Vendor
14 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Harley Street Glide
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. It is mounted using the supplied mounting brackets that are metal. The bolt to the same mounting bolts as the radio. Not sure if that means I should isolate it somehow.
Also, I get the blanket flashing noise in the speakers. Suggestions on a possible fix on that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts