V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At bike week in Daytona, while waiting for a friend to get new pipes on his V-Rod, I watched a bike wash process across the alley. These people were spraying down the entire bike with Hog Wash, hosing the bikes off then, after wetting a white cotton rag with Car Brite, just wiped the bikes off.

The Hog Wash (and rinsing) seemed to do all the cleaning, and degreasing.

The shine was good (not sure how long it would last) and the process quick but has anyone else used this stuff, this method, and, if so, who carrys these products?

Does S100 wash do the same as this Hog Wash (spray on, rinse off)?,

·
Registered
267 Posts
There are plenty of spray on/hose off washes out there...nothing special about them.
Car Brite is a manufacturer of dozens of car care products.....you will have to be more specific on that one.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3dog, I didn't get the name of the product but it was white, came in white gallon jugs and was some sort of polish I suppose.

They wet their white cloths with it then dried the bikes with the rags using it on paint as well as chrome.

I'm thinking it had some sort of silicone. They didn't wait for it to dry, they just wiped the water off and the bikes shined.

Maybe I'll email Car Brite and see if they might know the name.

Thanks

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
I like it so much..................

................that I buy it in bulk..............

%[email protected]

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't open your pics as I am not a premium member.

Emailed Car Brite. They tell me the product I saw was one of their premium waxes, Super Seal, Perma Seal or Quick Seal but that they are clear, not white.

Whatever it was, it worked well for what it was being used.

Same question once more, if anyone knows, would S100 spray wash be like this Hog Wash stuff?

·
Registered
267 Posts
kayak99 said:
Can't open your pics as I am not a premium member.

Emailed Car Brite. They tell me the product I saw was one of their premium waxes, Super Seal, Perma Seal or Quick Seal but that they are clear, not white.

Whatever it was, it worked well for what it was being used.

Same question once more, if anyone knows, would S100 spray wash be like this Hog Wash stuff?
I would say not....Hog Wash will probably be just like Eagle One's Bucketless Wash that you can find at AutoZone. I personally believe the S100 to be too strong to spray a whole bike and then wash...even they recommend not letting it dry anywhere.
As far as the CarBrite..from your description it sounds like a WAX as you Dry product..also available at AutoZone or other parts stores.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts