V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or has the whole HOG group thing gone down the tubes? Have belonged to 3 groups over the past 5 years in different parts of the country and all three have had major issues with people not getting along and almost total disfunction.

I like HOG (or use too) and riding with new friends, but it seems to be just getting weird.

·
Banned
4,121 Posts
That's because HOG is full of a buncha loudmouth malcontents incapable of appreciating anyone else's point of view .... kinda like this place .... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
TomB said:
That's because HOG is full of a buncha loudmouth malcontents incapable of appreciating anyone else's point of view .... kinda like this place .... :rolleyes:
Hey, TomB. . .bad day at the office?? :roflback: :roflback: :roflback: :roflback:
Flatline

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Guess I have been lucky, my group has fun and have not seen any back fighting or things like that. It is typical of most any other volunteer orgainization in that there are really only a few core people from year to year that step up and do the work of the organization and then you have a larger group of people who are pretty regulars and enjoy the functions and then you have an even larger portion of the group that are pretty much ghosts and seems you never see them show up for anything. Could be they are too busy with work or other commitments or just joined for the patch or what ever but that is how I see it. But bottom line for me so far anyway those that do participate do so having fun and don't cause problems for anyone else.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Flatline said:
Hey, TomB. . .bad day at the office?? :roflback: :roflback: :roflback: :roflback:
Flatline

i have also noticed that cheeseboy has been on bad jag for
sometime now...:dunno:

must be plantin' time for the corn..

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have to agree with Road Glider! So far this year we have 400 members. Its a good club with little to no issues. One past issue was a person complained about clicks. (those that ride and those that dont?) For the life of us, we could not figure that one out. Anyway the Road Guards job now is to introduce themselves to the group they are riding in. We do not have any issues with volunteers for events (Primary complaint at POT training!). Usually we have more than we need. I guess thats a sign of a content club or maybe we are fortunate. The lack of issues makes for good rides and great comraderie. May you all find a club like ours.

·
Banned
4,121 Posts
casaba said:
damn Tom, thats why we like you! want some cheese?
Why thank you Casaba! I think I will have some ... you sir, are a gentleman AND a goat molester ... but I DO love goat cheese ... :hystria:

·
Banned
871 Posts
Huckley said:
Is it me or has the whole HOG group thing gone down the tubes? Have belonged to 3 groups over the past 5 years in different parts of the country and all three have had major issues with people not getting along and almost total disfunction.

I like HOG (or use too) and riding with new friends, but it seems to be just getting weird.
Has been since day one, IMHO. It only exists to help the dealers sell more parts. I'll stick with ABATE now. Much more organized and they don't require that a run starts or ends at the stealer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Whatever rattles your guys cage. I like my hog chapter and I have friends that ride with some other clubs. Sometimes I ride WITH them. Difference is I don't slam em if I don't like them or their reasons for riding together. IMHO.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
don't mean to dis you GG, but speaking from personal experience, they have undisciplined riders which i felt could endanger my life. they also had WAY too many first time bike riders on large heavy machines, which once again, could endanger my life.
i've ridden with the local chapter 3 or 4 times and it's like a visit to the circus. i've seen these newbies fall off at traffic lights and at roundabouts. i mean come on, this sh!t is a serious threat to my wellbeing
my body's not as strong as it used to be. my last crash was in about 1980 with no broken bones. i'm not gonna push it associating with a lot of status seekers and wannabes

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Our HOG group is a hoot with everyone wheeling in their IV bags, lining up their meds at their tables and then having to be woken up when the meeting is over. I won the incontinence bag at the last raffle... works great on long road trips.

·
Banned
871 Posts
bonnie john said:
don't mean to dis you GG, but speaking from personal experience, they have undisciplined riders which i felt could endanger my life. they also had WAY too many first time bike riders on large heavy machines, which once again, could endanger my life.
i've ridden with the local chapter 3 or 4 times and it's like a visit to the circus. i've seen these newbies fall off at traffic lights and at roundabouts. i mean come on, this sh!t is a serious threat to my wellbeing
my body's not as strong as it used to be. my last crash was in about 1980 with no broken bones. i'm not gonna push it associating with a lot of status seekers and wannabes
Good point John. I have seen the same thing. I prefer to ride alone 90% of the time, but when I do ride with a group, it's usually with real clubs whose members have many, many years of experience riding together. Watching those guys ride is like watching a single machine, almost like a train, moving as one.

On the few times I've ridden with some local HOG guys, I stayed well behind them. What a show that was! Kinda like watching a bunch of Hollywood B-movie bikers, weaving all over the place and changing speeds constantly. :roflback: There are at least half of them who have been riding less than three years and have little or no experience riding with others. Yes, that CAN be dangerous!

IMHO, more people should start out on smaller bikes before moving up to Harleys. They should also take the MSF experienced riders course BEFORE they try to ride along with a large group of bikers. They are not only endangering their own lives, but those of the other people on the road.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Our chapter spends alot of time and effort to help the newer riders ride safely in a group. The only accidents I have seen were caused by experienced, complacent riders not paying attention. Sorry you guys had bad experiences, but I would'nt be so quick to lump everybody in hog as status seeking wannabes. But if thats what makes ya feel like bikers I guess it's none of my business.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts