V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
You should never bite a cop - you don't know where they've been.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What the fvck was that ? F'in prick pickin on a little girl. And all over a curfew violation ??? Go find some real criminals Barney. Sheesh what a prick.

·
Just happy to be here
858 Posts
Slyk Ryk said:
What the fvck was that ? F'in prick pickin on a little girl. And all over a curfew violation ??? Go find some real criminals Barney. Sheesh what a prick.
Eh, I dunno. It may have been ticky-tack for him to roust her over the curfew violation, but once she failed to comply with his commands it was Game On.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Mtclassic said:
I think she might have just won the lottery.
Yeah, we'll see about that. I hope you were kidding. You don't have to agree as to whether or not the Officer should have "hassled" her about the curfew violation or not BUT, as previously mentioned, once you are advised that you are under arrest you do not have the right to resist. I lost track of how many times that Officer calmly said "put your hands behind your back."

That 15 year old acts like she is used to behaving in a defiant manner (I wonder how she treats her parents). The people who bitch about that cop doing his job and picking her up on the curfew violation would likely be the same ones bitching that the cops "did nothing" if she wound up dead in a ditch as a rape victim, or from a drug overdose. Due to her demonstrated behavior she is obviously mature and responsible enough to be roaming the streets alone late at night right? Looks like there may be some alcohol or other chemicals on board. Would you want a cop to just drive by YOUR kid and ignore them under those circumstances? I know I wouldn't!

If she had behaved, she would have probably been returned to her house and released to a parent. Due to HER decisions and behavior, the only lottery she is likely to cash in on is a free trip to juvenile detention, a fine, and/or some community service time. They should show this video nation wide on the news so that people understand how difficult it can be to gain control over an actively resisting person (even a young or small one). When she shows up a week later showing the horrible bruising on her arms and wrists at least people can see how and why it happened. The kid brought it on herself.

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
see what happens

seems like a bs collar,but i don't know the reason for the law,so i'll give the cop the benefit of the doubt. he would not have gotten hurt if he used the same force he would have used on a male adult. some cops underestimate what someone smaller,younger,or a different gender can do to them.i hate to mmqb,but a simple armbar and get her on the hood would have had the cuffs on quickly,put her in the car and done. you try and take it easy and they can take your life!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The reason for the arrest is a mute point. We can debate 'curfew legality' all day and night. The bottom line is...once the cop says your under arrest..... Anything you do to resist is an excuse for escalation on the part of the cop. The cop should be commended for making sure the arrest was done in front of his camera..... Other wise....the jena 6 wouldn't be worth reporting anymore....Jessie and Al would be running after this guy instead.....

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
Hammy71 said:
The cop should be commended for making sure the arrest was done in front of his camera.....
I wonder how cops feel about those cameras.

I would think at least once in a while it would show how difficult the situation was for them.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Mtclassic said:
I think she might have just won the lottery.
Unfortunately you may be right...I agree with everyone else though, you're warned several times and still you resist...even resort to attack...no more mister nice guy, it could get you dead!

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
I've got to agree with the sentiment that, if you get pulled over and you're told you're going to be cuffed, whether it's fair or not, just comply. Resisting arrest is against the law and is going to get you into a heap more trouble. If you did nothing wrong in the first place, you can argue your case in court. I know there are some bad apples among cops but those I've come into contact with have treated me fairly (talking speeding tickets here).

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I'm with Hammy. This officer should have handled sh!t with a little more agressivness from the start. He did OK. I'm not a LEO but he looked pretty rookie with his situational awareness. She was more of a threat than he thought. He did right by getting it on camera. Apparently that was the mic that he put on the hood, I've never seen that before. Let's hope he keeps his badge.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I`m not a cop,never have been or cared to be
did`nt spend a night in a Holiday Inn

but to me it sure took a loooooong time for him to put the cuffs on...

guess he needs more sex bondage practice

:beer4u:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
geno2w1 said:
I'm with Hammy. This officer should have handled sh!t with a little more agressivness from the start. He did OK.

I agree with that, unfortunately in this ultra PC world we live in the cop was more worried about trying to pacify her on camera. After telling her two or three times to stop resisting and put her hands behind her back, he should have brought this to a quick end.

FatBobRob had the right idea:

"a simple armbar and get her on the hood would have had the cuffs on quickly,put her in the car and done. you try and take it easy and they can take your life"

I think the officer "meant well" but he put himself and the girl in greater danger of being injured by not promptly handling the situation. Hopefully both the girl and the officer learned something out of the incident.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Our cars have cameras in them and the officers really like them. I think this guy played it as good as he could and put her out front on purpose. Without the camera there might be a march on him next week.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
It almost appeared that the cop was milking it a little. I'm not psychic but I got the impression that cop: A) knew he had a "resistor" in hand. B) knew there was zero chance she would win the day. C) let her dig herself in deep by putting her on camera (twice) while she was squirming in a pathetically fruitless attempt to not get arrested. Maybe he could have ended it much sooner, but wanted to let her put on a show for the camera.

I might have played it that way too. She was just being very stoopid and needed to learn some things.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
OLuminous1 said:
It almost appeared that the cop was milking it a little. I'm not psychic but I got the impression that cop: A) knew he had a "resistor" in hand. B) knew there was zero chance she would win the day. C) let her dig herself in deep by putting her on camera (twice) while she was squirming in a pathetically fruitless attempt to not get arrested. Maybe he could have ended it much sooner, but wanted to let her put on a show for the camera.

I might have played it that way too. She was just being very stoopid and needed to learn some things.
Possibly...all of which resulted in more charges...BUT...she still didn't have to act out like she did...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts