V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
geezer glides are cool
381 Posts
crash1292 said:
dude ...glad you survived...keep a diarie off all your pain and what you can and cant do..keep a list of all your expenses...and call hupy
I concur. Call Hupy. Don't talk to his insurance company until you do.

I'm really glad you're OK. His stupidity must pay for this major change of your life.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Wow...thanks for sharing your story with us. As someone already said, this is the one we all fear. This kind of accident is why my dad quit riding. Buddy of his was rear ended and killed by a drunk one night when they were almost home from the drag races. When I read stories like this it's a reminder to me of the danger involved and the need to have a healthy fear of idiots on the road.

Glad you came through and wish you a speedy recovery.

·
Terrorists suck!
647 Posts
The bones and road rash will heal. Glad you came out of it no worse for wear. I hope you get the nastiest attorney you can find and own every thing the guy ever had and ever will own.

·
south of heaven
282 Posts
Glad to hear that you are ok. I wish you a speedy recovery.

I too lost a brother to a drunk driver while he was on his low rider. The guy served 8 months on a 1 year sentence. Sad part was that the 1 year sentence was only because of multiple DWIs in the past 10 years, not because of my brother's death.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Good luck with your recovery, I'm glad it wasn't any worse for you.

Hope you are ridin soon

:chopper:

Brent

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
XXXRacing said:
I too lost a brother to a drunk driver while he was on his low rider. The guy served 8 months on a 1 year sentence. Sad part was that the 1 year sentence was only because of multiple DWIs in the past 10 years, not because of my brother's death.
That is really, really, really wrong.

My condolences to you and your family.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Thanks for all your good thoughts and prayers

I'm grateful to each of you who took the time to post a note. It really helps at a time that's pretty stressful. You folks are great.

Looks like I'll be out of commission for a few weeks. At least 10 days before the staples come out, and the gash is still drippin' some. At least the doc didn't have to re-set the leg. Road rash feels like hell against the sheets.

I've talked with a lot of folks in the last couple of days who care a lot about me and that's been a blessing. Now I'm focused on recovering as soon as possible.

For Troop113 - Don't know about daytime TV because I've been pretty doped up, but I'll let you know whether Dr. Phil's got any good advice for me! No way on Oprah.

I don't hold any ill will to the other guy, he should have made better choices, and he will have to answer for his actions. The PD took him for a felony injury OWI charge.

I hope that eventually some good will come from all this. To the one member who doubted that God was with me, I have to disagree. He kept me alive and maybe kept the other guy from hammering some little kid on a bicycle three miles down the road. Who knows?

All that matters is that I saw my wife and son Friday night, and every day since then. That's all a guy can ask for, and its more than some get, so I'm still the luckiest guy around.

Keep safe & ride!

·
void** ppVoid;
895 Posts
My thoughts and well wishes are with you for a speedy recovery of your health, your bike and financial recovery. From your last post, it sounds like you have a really good attitude about the incident and are not letting it take up space or time in your mind w/ negative thoughts or feelings.

Be well.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Prayers for a speedy recovery brother. Stories like yours are slowly convincing me I should get a helmet and start wearing it.

I have a full face I hate. It feels like I've got several pounds straining my neck when I wear it and I feel more isolated from the experience....so I'm going to look into a low profile half helmet and see if I can't find something that doesn't look like a mushroom on my head and doesn't catch a buttload of wind.

I've gone 15 years without a serious cycle accident, but its not always you that has control over the ride...as your story illustrates.

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
I know this is neither the proper forum nor the proper time but the entire issue of driving while impaired should be re-considered. It's a shame that we can't, as a society, provide stiffer laws and penalties. Maybe saddest is that we can't enforce the laws that we have. Every time I read something like this it drives me nuts. If you're driving past 11 PM, what are the odds that you'll meet someone on the road who's legally impaired? Don't wanna hijack the thread, sincerely sorry.

·
1,336 Posts
Sorry to hear about the Bike. Glad that you are okay body and mind. I admire your attitude towards the whole ordeal. Wish you a fast and full recovery.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts