V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
When I found out they were all EFI I didn't even bother to ask, but typically they give me the bikes at MSRP + freight + prep. Problem is if you buy it outright you have to pay sales tax on it.

Guess I'll ride the old one until the 04's come out, and if they don't have what I want then there are always other options.

If someone comes with the right amount of money might even sell the 02.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Yeah, that's what they do.

One of the reasons I prefer to trade my bikes in as here you only pay sales tax on the difference. You also own the plates and whatewer you have paid in registration fees is yours and transfers to the new bike.

If I had to pay for all this stuff I wouldn't trade bikes every year or two, and it's also why I took the EFI Glide that was supposed to be carbureted. The RatKing needed tires and I figured the RatGlide comes with them. LOL.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Sales tax wouldn't apply if the bike were sold out of state. Not familiar w/ Az law, but could easily mean the dealer would need to deliver it out of state. I wouldn't think that would be particularly hard to set up, but the dealer would have to want to sell the bike.

greg

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
No need to check, like mentioned they would have to want to sell the bike out of state and they don't want to. They also don't want to come straight out and say so. That's why they play it this way.

The only way you are going to get away with buying a bike without paying sales tax is to buy it in OR or MT and ride it for 7500 miles with their tags. Don't ask how I know this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts