V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Strictly from the point of view of riding it I'm very happy with it and I feel it is the best bike Harley makes. Sure as hell it's not the best looking one, but I'm pretty much over that.

Found one for Manny, in the same color, and I get the feeling he is in love with the thing, but his is a carbie.

I like the ElectraGlide's too, it depends what your priorities are. One could say that the E's are touring bikes and the RG's sport touring bikes, or something like that.

In a perfect world I would have a Glide for the long trips, a Ultra for cold weather and a King for barhopping, not to mention the ZZR1200, the VFR800, the Duck, well you get the idea. :D

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Works fine, no problem, I think the Delphi is much better then the old Marelli.

Just prefer carbs, for philosophical reasons more then technical ones.

I like to keep things in my personal life real simple, and if gravity were to fail we might have bigger problems then the bike.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ralph, the main reason I'd switch is handling performance in the twisties.
Otherwise I'd stay with what I've got. It's a pain to get the CB intercom stuff added on apparently, my local dealer acted like it took an act of God or sumpthin.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
That's why I almost always trade my bikes in. Couple of bucks isn't worth it to deal with people that can't $hit or get off the pot, not to speak of always having a bike. They get the old one when you get the new one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts