V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about the 95" SERK's? They have been out for a year. Like all stock HD's this one is on the quiet side too. What has people done to the stock SE pipes to liven them up w/o compromising performance?

Also, what cam did HD put in it? Have you changed it out with good results? If so, what did you install?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Both the SERG's and SERK's have the conventional setup of a stock engine bumped up with what amounts to the Stage2 (?) HD setup, with the big bore kit and 203 cams.
You can do anything you want to these bikes, that you would normally do to any other injected engine wether MM or Delphi depending on year.
Only recall working on one of them some time ago and it was sorting out the EFI after the dealer built the engine, but I don't recall what they put into it.

We hardly see these bikes at all, other then the lady that owns the dealer I do most business with always has one. Around here at least the SE bikes seem to be ridden by a different type of customer then we mostly deal with as far as working on the bikes (obviously I can't tell you anything about mail customers as I know little about them), they mostly seem to be the preppy type that rides around town and all these bikes seem to have very low mileage when they pop up for sale.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. One last question. Do you know the specs of the 203 cam, lift/duration?

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
HIPPO said:
Around here at least the SE bikes seem to be ridden by a different type of customer then we mostly deal with as far as working on the bikes ..., they mostly seem to be the preppy type that rides around town and all these bikes seem to have very low mileage when they pop up for sale.
Given the asking price, they must be well to do.

$28-f*ckin'-K msrp for the '03 FLHRSEI, YIKES!

·
Registered
75 Posts
It depends how you look at it. All 3 I found are for different guys. To give you an example, my riding partner retired from the Air Force as a Tech Sgt., then put in another 20 with Motorola, so he collects two pensions and saved his money. Just a regular dude that made the right moves.
I would likely not even look for the bikes or call in markers just for any rich dude. I have never made a dime off these bikes, and ocasionally even spent a few bucks of my own money, it is a service reserved for good longtime friends.
Personally I don't have the money or the desire to ride this type of bike, and I like understated things.

Yes, duration, and in particular intake closing makes a big difference. The reason lift is kept there is to make sure there are no issues while bolting the cams in by do it yourself types. Also the fact base circle remains the same as stock would allow the use of stock pushrods, assuming no modifications to engine stackheight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts