V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 02 FLHTCUI and am looking at Samson's and Bub, they seem to be about the same except the Samson are about $100.00 higher in price. Anybody running these? Comments.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
There are some bikes making decent #'s with them.

Personally I don't use them, but you know how it goes, everyone has a different idea.

I have no idea how they would work on a Delphi bagger, but I do know they are very pipe sensitive so the results may differ from earlier bikes.

If you end up going with them let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update. I wanted to let everyone know that I put the Bub True Dual header pipes on my 02 Ultra and now wish I hadn't, spent a lot of money for pipes that don't fit right. The pipes are to long so you have to slide the mufflers all the way to the rear in the mounting bracket and the pipes are incorrectly bent so the mufflers point down. Don't know about older models but these do not work on an 02 Ultra Classic. Have called twice and e-mailed the company but with no response. If anyone else has installed these specifically on an 02 ULTRA CLASSIC please respond with your results.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by BHBandit Update. I wanted to let everyone know that I put the Bub True Dual header pipes on my 02 Ultra and now wish I hadn't, spent a lot of money for pipes that don't fit right. The pipes are to long so you have to slide the mufflers all the way to the rear in the mounting bracket and the pipes are incorrectly bent so the mufflers point down. Don't know about older models but these do not work on an 02 Ultra Classic. Have called twice and e-mailed the company but with no response. If anyone else has installed these specifically on an 02 ULTRA CLASSIC please respond with your results.
Can't speak to the '02 but I put the bubs cross dressers on my '99 FLHT with Thundercones and I love them - great fit, good sound more equal now that the left pipe is actually getting more than 20% of the exhaust, and no change in seat of the pants power at any range. I have pics on the net on my site if anyone wants to see how it looks, under harleys/FLHT.. www.click.to/rustler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts