V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HIPPO, I searched and could not find an answer. What are you and SBC running for pipes or slip on mufflers for 95 inch TC EFI engines ??

I know you don't like the thunderheader on EFI, are 2 into 1 or factory with slip on mufflers the best route ???

I ride a 2000 FLTRSEI, am 260 pounds, and ride agressively and up to 100 MPH frequently. I would also like a cam recomendation with a wide flat torque curve. Any recomendations are apreciated and thanks in advance...

Mark"thealien"

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Mark Hippo may still be out of town. He will get to this when he returns.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I hadn't seen him post in a few so I thought he might still be away. I am not in a hurry, just getting some Ideas. Jimmy, you ride a road glide don't you ?? What are you running ??

·
Registered
276 Posts
'02 FLTRI 95", headquarter heads,580 cam, PCr111, SE aircleaner, S&S timing gears, feuling oil pump and lifters. Had Hooker slip-ons got more torque and a much nicer curve with V&H pro-pipe 2-1.

·
Registered
276 Posts
hope this works.......93hp 97ft/lbs was with V&H and the 88hp 97ft/lbs was with Hooker slip-ons. Big diff for me was the increase in torque between 2200 and 2800, plus it sounds much better and butt dyno likes it too.......

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I feel there is a huge difference between running the stock headpipes with slip on's and a good 2 into 1. Some slip on's are abysmal as far as performance is concerned and others are a lesser evil.

As far as 2 into 1's I think the Thunderheader, E pipe, Supertrapp and V&H are good pipes. The Delphi bikes don't seem to like the Thunderheader but recently we learned that they can be made to work with the ProPipe IF you use the torque baffle (as opposed to the normal or performance baffle)
There seems to be new stuff coming on the market every day but for the most part it doesn't apply to baggers and my nature is to wait and see anyway as opposed to be the first to try parts with no track record.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts