V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hippo,
I'm trying to order a 'Bango bolt' with a built in brake light switch for my front master cylinder.
The place where I'm ordering from wants to know what size?
1mm or 1.25mm?
As far as I know Harley's screws and bolts etc are a mix match of imperial etc and Metric now.
Do you know what size my front master cylinder bango bolt is? Is it metric even? :(
They're all the same size I think, but what?

· Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HIPPO said:
I would say 1.25 mm, but not sure.

Why change from the factory switch, the banjo bolts with the wires sticking out of them are butt ugly?
The OEM one works/don't work, I think its burnt out somehow. Thought the bango bolt option might be easier to replace 'If' and when it needs it.

Anywhere on the net to get a 'better' replacement for the OEM?
Seached over here and can't find any, most sites are in the US :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. :)

· Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HIPPO said:

Changing banjo switches requires brake bleeding, and this can be a pain on a Harley if you don't have a reverse injector.
Thanks Hippo.
I'm gonna flush and replace the brake fluid anyway. This might sound strange, but Instead of using an expensive 'reverse injecter' I use one of those squirty oil cans (new) that you press with your thumb, with a piece of tubing attached to the end of the spout, attach this to the brake nipple, one at a time, have a bungi cord holding the brake lever depressed and inject fluid 'UP' from the caliper. Works a treat, All you need to do then is bleed in the normal way.
Anyway, my switch is fu(ked, I think I'll replace it with a Harley one after all. Hope it lasts longer this time :rolleyes:

· Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does it not open the return port by derpressing lever?
Did this once before. Worked ok. (oops, did it wrong way?)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.