V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battle for the Best and Brightest
Behind the scenes, the Clinton and Obama camps are competing fiercely for foreign policy aides to the 42nd president.

Battle for the Best and Brightest
WEB-EXCLUSIVE COMMENTARY
By Michael Hirsh
Newsweek
Updated: 3:18 p.m. CT Sept 6, 2007

Sept. 6, 2007 - Presidential candidates seem to be getting shorter honeymoons these days. Maybe it's because they deserve it. Consider the fate of Fred Thompson, who found himself mocked by his GOP rivals within hours of jumping into the race. Thompson—who has spent more time playing a prominent government official than being one—seems to think the first GOP primary is taking place in Hollywood; he announced his candidacy Wednesday night on the Leno show, of all places. Also this week, Barack Obama, who was still considered a fresh face only a few months ago, was savaged by New York Times pundit Maureen Dowd for trying to play the oldest populist trick in the book: that of an insider politician posing as an outsider. Lagging badly in the national polls, Obama has put up a new ad in Iowa portraying himself as a reformer who has taken on "the powers in Washington." The Illinois senator aimed a direct barrage at his chief rival, Sen. Hillary Clinton, announcing at a town-hall meeting in suburban Des Moines this week that "there are those who tout their experience working the system in Washington, but the problem is that the system in Washington isn't working for us.".....

........The more experienced Hillary Clinton, meanwhile, has relied largely on her husband and a triumvirate of senior officials from his presidency—former secretary of state Madeleine Albright, former U.N. ambassador Richard Holbrooke and former national-security adviser Sandy Berger (who tries to keep a low profile after pleading guilty in 2005 to misdemeanor charges of taking classified material without authorization).
Soo, after protecting the Clinton crime family with the theft of classified material Berger re-emerges as a big shot for Hillary!. With these choices of advisors it looks like we'll be back to the Clinton foreign policy. You know the one where OBL was offered up not once to Clinton but 10 times according to the head of the Osama Bin Laden group in the CIA as stated when this guy was on the Alan Colmes show last week. The Clinton crime family refused saying they couldn't make a criminal case against OBL.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
I really don't think Hillary can win, unless the Republicans run McCain or Rudy. I wouldn't vote for either. Now Id like to see Newt jump in and I think he could win the whole ball of wax. He has a distinctly new line of thought for reform of the country and possibly he can do it. I don't think Hillary would debate him more than once. He is one tough dude.

I cant believe anyone in political life would even let Sandy Berger's shadow touch them.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
geoffreyt said:
I really don't think Hillary can win, unless the Republicans run McCain or Rudy. I wouldn't vote for either. Now Id like to see Newt jump in and I think he could win the whole ball of wax. He has a distinctly new line of thought for reform of the country and possibly he can do it. I don't think Hillary would debate him more than once. He is one tough dude.

I cant believe anyone in political life would even let Sandy Berger's shadow touch them.
Newt is as polarizing as Hillary.

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
Fred1369 said:
I don't think he is quite as polarizing as Hillary. But he certainly has his own baggage from the Clinton era that people will remember.

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
less demonizing

Fred1369 said:
With better communication(conservitive media) overall, I don't think the "drive by media" will be as sucessfull demonizing Newt.

He's not chasing a new skirt. And the voting public is better informed.

Though it's amazing Libs think Hillary would actually do somthing for them.

Hillary does for Hillary, if your lucky, surf in her wake. You'll be drowning before you know it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
dhwingert said:
I don't think he is quite as polarizing as Hillary. But he certainly has his own baggage from the Clinton era that people will remember.

Do you mean having an illegal wiretap of his phone trafficked in the media by the Clintons?

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
xlcr1000 said:
Do you mean having an illegal wiretap of his phone trafficked in the media by the Clintons?
Well a democrat friend who is a bit older than me venomously points out that Newt was in the middle of his own affair while involved in impeaching Clinton for his perjury regarding Monica every time Newt's name is mentioned.

I know it was revealed at some point that Newt had an affair and got divorced. I don't know if the events really line up as described above. But if they did then I would expect them to come back up if he ran for President.

·
Registered
171 Posts
More Shrillary----
Don't know how true this is but it sounds about right.

Bill Clinton Crafts Hillary's Bio

By: Dick Morris

FrontPageMagazine.com | 8/9/2007

Go to www.hillaryclinton.com and check out Bill Clinton's syrupy five minute ad for Hillary. He introduces the commercial by saying he wants to share some things we may not know about Hillary's background. His version of her biography is about as reliable as if it appeared in Pravda!

So, I wanted to make a few corrections:

Bill says: Hillary never wanted to run for public office, but she did want to work at public service.

The true facts are:

When Clinton was considering not running for another term as Governor of Arkansas in 1990, Hillary said she would run if he didn't. She and Bill even had me take two surveys to assess her chances of winning. The conclusion was she couldn't win because people would just see her as a seat warmer for when Bill came back licking his wounds after losing for president. So she didn't run. Bill did and won. But there is no question she had her eye on public office, as opposed to service, long ago.

Bill says: In law school Hillary worked on legal services for the poor.

The true facts are: Hillary's main extra-curricular activity in law school was helping the Black Panthers, on trial in Connecticut for torturing and killing a federal agent. She went to court every day as part of a law student monitoring committee trying to spot civil rights violations and develop grounds for appeal.

Bill says: Hillary spent a year after graduation working on a children's rights project for poor kids.

The true facts are: Hillary interned with Bob Truehaft, the head of the California Communist Party. She met Bob when he represented the Panthers and traveled all the way to San Francisco to take an internship with him.

Bill says: Hillary could have written her own job ticket, but she turned down all the lucrative job offers.

The true facts are: She flunked the DC bar exam and only passed the Arkansas bar. She had no job offers in Arkansas and only got hired by the University of Arkansas Law School at Fayetteville because Bill was already teaching there. She only joined the prestigious Rose Law Firm after Bill became Attorney General and made partner only after he was elected Governor.

Bill says: President Carter appointed Hillary to the Legal Services Board of Directors and she became its Chairman.

The true facts are: The appointment was in exchange for Bill's support for Carter in his 1980 primary against Ted Kennedy. Hillary became chairman in a coup in which she won a majority away from Carter's choice to be chairman.

Bill says: She served on the board of the Arkansas Children's Hospital.

The true facts are: Yes she did. But her main board activity, not mentioned by Bill, was to sit on the Wal-Mart board of directors, for a substantial fee. She was silent about their labor and health care practices.

Bill says: Hillary didn't succeed at getting health care for all Americans in 1994 but she kept working at it and helped to create the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) that provides five million children with health insurance.

The true facts are: Hillary had nothing to do with creating CHIP. It was included in the budget deal between Bill Clinton and Republican Majority Leader Senator Trent Lott. I helped to negotiate the deal. The money came half from the budget deal and half from the Attorney Generals' tobacco settlement. Hillary had nothing to do with either source of funds.

Bill says: Hillary was the face of America all over the world.

The true facts are: Her visits were part of a program to get her out of town so Bill would not appear weak by feeding stories Hillary was running the White House. Her visits abroad were entirely touristic and symbolic, and there was no substantive diplomacy on any of them.

Bill says: Hillary was an excellent Senator who kept fighting for children's and women's issues.

The true facts are: Other than totally meaningless legislation like changing the names on courthouses and post offices, she has passed only four substantive pieces of legislation. One set up a national park in Puerto Rico. A second provided respite care for family members helping their relatives through Alzheimer's or other conditions. And two were routine bills to aid 9-11 victims and responders which were sponsored by the entire NY delegation.

Here is what bothers me more than anything else about Hillary Clinton. She has done everything possible to weaken the President and our country when it comes to the war on terror:

1. She wants to close GITMO & move the combatants to the USA where they would have access to our lega l system.

2. She wants to eliminate the monitoring of suspected Al Qaeda phone calls to/from the USA.

3. She wants to grants constitutional rights to enemy combatants captured on the battlefield.

4. She wants to eliminate the monitoring of money transfers between suspected Al Qaeda cells & supporters in the USA.

5. She wants to eliminate the type of interrogation tactics used by the military & CIA where coercion might be used when questioning known terrorists even though such tactics might save American lives.

I can't think of a single bill Hillary has introduced or a single comment she has made that would tend to strengthen our country in the War on Terror. But, I can think of a lot of comments she has made that weakens our country and makes it a more dangerous situation for all of us........She goes hand in hand with the ACLU on far too many issues where common sense is abandoned. She is a disaster for all Americans.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
sniper said:
More Shrillary----
Don't know how true this is but it sounds about right.

Bill Clinton Crafts Hillary's Bio

By: Dick Morris

FrontPageMagazine.com | 8/9/2007

Go to www.hillaryclinton.com and check out Bill Clinton's syrupy five minute ad for Hillary. He introduces the commercial by saying he wants to share some things we may not know about Hillary's background. His version of her biography is about as reliable as if it appeared in Pravda!

So, I wanted to make a few corrections:

Bill says: Hillary never wanted to run for public office, but she did want to work at public service.

The true facts are: :harhar:

When Clinton was considering not running for another term as Governor of Arkansas in 1990, Hillary said she would run if he didn't. She and Bill even had me take two surveys to assess her chances of winning. The conclusion was she couldn't win because people would just see her as a seat warmer for when Bill came back licking his wounds after losing for president. So she didn't run. Bill did and won. But there is no question she had her eye on public office, as opposed to service, long ago.

Bill says: In law school Hillary worked on legal services for the poor.

The true facts are: Hillary's main extra-curricular activity in law school was helping the Black Panthers, on trial in Connecticut for torturing and killing a federal agent. She went to court every day as part of a law student monitoring committee trying to spot civil rights violations and develop grounds for appeal. http://snopes.com/politics/clintons/panthers.asp

Bill says: Hillary spent a year after graduation working on a children's rights project for poor kids.

The true facts are: Hillary interned with Bob Truehaft, the head of the California Communist Party. She met Bob when he represented the Panthers and traveled all the way to San Francisco to take an internship with him. see above

Bill says: Hillary could have written her own job ticket, but she turned down all the lucrative job offers.

The true facts are: She flunked the DC bar exam and only passed the Arkansas bar. She had no job offers in Arkansas and only got hired by the University of Arkansas Law School at Fayetteville because Bill was already teaching there. She only joined the prestigious Rose Law Firm after Bill became Attorney General and made partner only after he was elected Governor.

Bill says: President Carter appointed Hillary to the Legal Services Board of Directors and she became its Chairman.

The true facts are: The appointment was in exchange for Bill's support for Carter in his 1980 primary against Ted Kennedy. Hillary became chairman in a coup in which she won a majority away from Carter's choice to be chairman.

Bill says: She served on the board of the Arkansas Children's Hospital.

The true facts are: Yes she did. But her main board activity, not mentioned by Bill, was to sit on the Wal-Mart board of directors, for a substantial fee. She was silent about their labor and health care practices.

Bill says: Hillary didn't succeed at getting health care for all Americans in 1994 but she kept working at it and helped to create the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) that provides five million children with health insurance.

The true facts are: Hillary had nothing to do with creating CHIP. It was included in the budget deal between Bill Clinton and Republican Majority Leader Senator Trent Lott. I helped to negotiate the deal. The money came half from the budget deal and half from the Attorney Generals' tobacco settlement. Hillary had nothing to do with either source of funds.

Bill says: Hillary was the face of America all over the world.

The true facts are: Her visits were part of a program to get her out of town so Bill would not appear weak by feeding stories Hillary was running the White House. Her visits abroad were entirely touristic and symbolic, and there was no substantive diplomacy on any of them.

Bill says: Hillary was an excellent Senator who kept fighting for children's and women's issues.

The true facts are: Other than totally meaningless legislation like changing the names on courthouses and post offices, she has passed only four substantive pieces of legislation. One set up a national park in Puerto Rico. A second provided respite care for family members helping their relatives through Alzheimer's or other conditions. And two were routine bills to aid 9-11 victims and responders which were sponsored by the entire NY delegation. What a line of crap, all you have to do is a search...look at this piece: Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton is supporting new legislation to criminalize desecration of the United States flag _ though she still opposes a constitutional ban on flag attacks, or try this one; She is an original sponsor of legislation that expanded health benefits to members of the National Guard and Reserves.

Here is what bothers me more than anything else about Hillary Clinton. She has done everything possible to weaken the President and our country when it comes to the war on terror:

1. She wants to close GITMO & move the combatants to the USA where they would have access to our lega l system.

2. She wants to eliminate the monitoring of suspected Al Qaeda phone calls to/from the USA. no...she wants to stop unchecked phone tapping

3. She wants to grants constitutional rights to enemy combatants captured on the battlefield. no...she wants the Geneva convention recognized

4. She wants to eliminate the monitoring of money transfers between suspected Al Qaeda cells & supporters in the USA. no...she wants our personal transactions to remain personals and not subject to illegal government scrutiny

5. She wants to eliminate the type of interrogation tactics used by the military & CIA where coercion might be used when questioning known terrorists even though such tactics might save American lives. no...she wishes to stop inhumane treatment ie torture...

I can't think of a single bill Hillary has introduced or a single comment she has made that would tend to strengthen our country in the War on Terror. But, I can think of a lot of comments she has made that weakens our country and makes it a more dangerous situation for all of us........She goes hand in hand with the ACLU on far too many issues where common sense is abandoned. She is a disaster for all Americans.
If you're gonna offer facts get em straight, you can't substantiate most of the claims made above...I don't like Hillary either but if the Republican supporters have to portray lies to win I'll vote for her in a second...

Snopes is researching the rest...it'll be interesting to see how much else Morris has made up...:D

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
sniper said:
I don't have to substantiate a damn thing. The disclaimer was at the top of the post. You need glasses?
I stand corrected...you admitted it was simple drivel up front...

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
I stand corrected...you admitted it was simple drivel up front...
Well he is from Texas. Where's the Dixie Chicks when you need them? :roflback:

Just kidding Sniper. Don't get your panties in a wad.

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
no no no don't do it

swmnkdinthervr said:
...I don't like Hillary either but if the Republican supporters have to portray lies to win I'll vote for her in a second...

Snopes is researching the rest...it'll be interesting to see how much else Morris has made up...:D

Please, do not cut off your nose to spite your face:nope:

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
Smokey said:
Well he is from Texas. Where's the Dixie Chicks when you need them? :roflback:

Just kidding Sniper. Don't get your panties in a wad.

If those chicks know whats good for them, they'll shut up and sing

Or at least become more educated in the political arena

Smokey. don't try even think bout it. I'm in front of the chicks on line:roflback:

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
Dick Morris

I'm jumping into this one late but the author of the slander says it all: Dick Morris is a notorius hatchet man. Don't believe anything he says. He's been doing dirty tricks for the Republicans for years, a real slimeball. We can have plenty of serious political discussions without bringing him into it.

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
The NEW TRICKEY DICK

Fred1369 said:
I'm jumping into this one late but the author of the slander says it all: Dick Morris is a notorius hatchet man. Don't believe anything he says. He's been doing dirty tricks for the Republicans for years, a real slimeball. We can have plenty of serious political discussions without bringing him into it.
Wait just a darn gone minute Fred1369, If I remember correctly, NTD Morris

was the hatchet man for Clinton. Do you remember, he was getting his toes sucked on by
some broad while he was on the phone with slick willy. Yes I know it's heresay.

Slimeball, in the dictionary one of the clintons wedding photos is with the

definition. he he:harhar:

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
oooppss. I made a mistake. I didn't do my homework because I thought I knew the answer. I remembered the name Dick Morris as being a political hatchet man. I checked out Wikipedia, along with Cecil Adams the ultimate compendium of all knowledge, to review about Morris. He has worked many times for both political parties as a campaign advisor. Other than toe-sucking I can't tell whether he is Rep or Dem in his private life. He has twisted spin for both sides. I will be more carefull in the future.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts