V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
din't pay attention to FEMA

I guess her crew did not hear what happened after FEMA did the same thing.

But I'd bet there are always a few questions in every candidates audience that are there to bail out the candidate. Hillary just got caught on this one.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Planted question...

I believe Bill did one with the "How dare you.." remark. It was just to "in the spotlight". :corn:

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
Smokey said:
I was being serious. Do you think any Republican would ever stoop this low? :hmmm:
I am under the impression that in the past both parties have been guilty of the sabotage plant where they try to get people into the audience at their opponent's campaign stops to ask particularly nasty questions.

Politics is a particularly high stakes game played by some of the most competitive people our country produces. Imagine having the future of your career depend on an election every 4-6 years.

So would Republican politicians plant softball questions in their own audiences - only if they thought the risk vs. the payoff was worth it.

I happen to think Hillary is particularly prone to this kind of thing because she is much better and more comfortable with things she can think through and plan in advance as opposed to her husband's strength of being in the moment and reading and playing to an audience.

But that is my just my opinion as a registered Republican.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
dhwingert said:
I am under the impression that in the past both parties have been guilty of the sabotage plant where they try to get people into the audience at their opponent's campaign stops to ask particularly nasty questions.
The opposite is also true for ALL politicians...the staged photo op's and town hall discussions with hand picked audiences...visits with "chosen" troops...it's a never ending sales pitch, if not for our vote then for our support...

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
anyone remember the hoopla surrounding Bush's townhall meetings when the attendees were screened, let alone the questions? Bush says he didn't know about the screenings and that's why he thinks all America is behind him.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
:whisper: Bush is not running for President, Hilary is...

She is so scripted and cannot really say what her "plans" are, except "I would TAKE those profits" :yikes: and something about America can't afford all Her ideas {that are secret}. :corn:

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
anyone watch C-Span? when you look at your congressperson giving a speech you think the rest of Congress is listening. Wrong. C-Span used to pan around the chambers showing that it was mostly empty so Congress passed a rule that the camera had to face straight forward and not move around because it was too embarrassing.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Even the question from reporters at the White house briefings are at the least pre-screened. The president does not want to be caught off guard and may not have a response to a current happening. Nobody has all of the answers, nobody has knowledge of everything that is going on on his watch, either.
They learned with Reagan that they better stay with the script, what they personally feel is not a PC response. Look what happened when Bush thought the mike was off. His joking around about bombing rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Politics is full of spin and doublespeak and that takes a certain skill of making a lie seem the truth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts