V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I waste money, what brand, type would you fine folks on this forum recommend??? They have to fit with the lowers on.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm using the KuryAkyn Tour-Tec cruise mounts with their ISO pegs. The mounts are made specifically to clear the lowers. They come in two different sizes, most find the shorter ones fit better unless you really have short legs.

Cold Rider

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
I would love a picture of the foot pegs or a link to some one that has a picture:) I will need them sooner or later.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I built some extensions that move the pegs back toward my short ass legs. Been thinkin about going commercial with them, the biggest expense is the chrome plating. I could e mail a pic so you can get an idea of what I'm talin about.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
WOW, that bike looks killer:) Thank you for the picture, maybe I should have gotton the black one;) BOOMER, I also have short legs:D 30 inseem.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Man that bike is CLEAN and it shines.
BRWK, what kind do you have? Is that an oil cooler or the chrome regulator cover?

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
fcoxwell, I did get on there web site but I did not see any foot pegs mounted on any Ultras:( I can see Brians pegs on his Ultra, they do look good:) I wonder if I can put a floor board on there instead of a foot peg, now that would be cool:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Markcuda, I have the Kuryakyn Cruise boards on my Ultra. Man are they the cats meow. That is what you are looking for. They are floorboards that mount on the crash bar. And they are great on long trips. They have a stirup type thing on the bottom that your heel rest against so you do not have to hold your foot up there.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/prodlist.asp?bn=harley&cn=Pegs+&+Controls

St. Louis Bob
2001 FLHTCUI Lux. Rich Red

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
rsed, that is the ticket:) Looks like a #7901, thank you for the help:)

·
Registered
903 Posts
fcoxwell said:
Is that an oil cooler or the chrome regulator cover?
Thats the regulator cover, the oil cooler sits lower on the frame than that.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
fcoxwell....sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I mostly check this site while at work (shhhh, don't tell the boss). And thanks HarleyJoel for answering.
Brian

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Mine will look that good for a day, if that:eek: Then I will ride the hell out of it:)

Brian, is that the stock seat on your Ultra? If not, what kind?

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
The seat is a HD leather air seat (Zep). Even with the 20% discount it still hurt to buy it :eek:
My bike does get dirty, Cold Rider (CR) saw it dirty once at Sturgis :D
I guess I'm kind of weird, I love to ride, this one has 5 months on it and over 10,000 miles but, I love to clean it too. Kind of like a "garage beauty" but with miles.
Brian

·
Registered
903 Posts
Brwk, it certainly is a sharp looking scoot! I wish I could keep mine that clean :D

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn Cruise boards on my Ultra. Man are they the cats meow. That is what you are looking for. They are floorboards that mount on the crash bar. And they are great on long trips. They have a stirup type thing on the bottom that your heel rest against so you do not have to hold your foot up there. St. Louis Bob
2001 FLHTCUI Lux. Rich Red [/B]

Bob, with these cruise boards, do you need a special mount to extend beyond the fairing lowers? Do you have a picture of them on your bike?
Chuck

1 - 20 of 35 Posts