V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 EGlide Classic. It was involved in an accident and the highway bars are bent. I am looking to replace them. I was looking at either the Lindby or the stock, or ??? The stock ones seem pretty flimsy. Is the Lindby tougher? I like the looks of it and was am about ready to order, but wanted to make sure there was not something better out there I was missing.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
The Kuryakyn Ergo-Guards feature a swing out highway peg... The Lindby does not. I have the Kuryakyn unit and love it. I have pictures on my link.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Those highway bars are sharp 8-ball. Are the pullout bars sturdy? Will they last? I was considering the upgrade. Thanks.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
bdog1234 said:
The stock ones seem pretty flimsy..

If they're flimsy you should be able to bend them back into shape.

Go ahead, we'll wait......;)

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Lindby does offer a model with fold doen foot pegs; the Twinbar - its a Linbar with the fold down foot pegs mounted on the side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
highway bars

I have Lindby bars with the built-in oring footpegs. I think they look sharp and the foot position is just right. Also I don't have to mess with auxiliary footpegs sticking way out so when your feet are on them, you feel like you're on a gynocologist's table.

·
Registered
287 Posts
"If they're flimsy you should be able to bend them back into shape."

Better to bend the engine guard (crash bar) than the frame. I did straighten mine after hitting a huge low slice of tree trunk used as a trail block. You need a 4 or 5 foot pry bar. If you use a metal one like I did, protect the frame and guard from scratchs with a leather glove. You will need someone to help hold the bike while you do the bending.

·
Ghost Rider - IronButt
480 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts

·
Ghost Rider - IronButt
480 Posts
Tnford27 said:
I had those on a Heritage and did not like them, there not wide enough, had to let my feet ride sideways on them, the Linby bar was much more comfortable.
Tnford27: Thanks for your feedback on these highway bar. I only saw them from a distance and also wondered whether I could reach them with my long leg.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts