V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little advice. I recently bought a 2002 Softail FXST and have been making some improvements. So far have added Memphis Slims WS, toolbox, tach (electric-thanks guys)and bobtail rack. I also put driver floorboards in place of pegs and they are very comfortable. However I would also like to add something a little more forward and higher, mainly to move feet around on longer rides. I am not too keen on HD highway bars or Lindy bars which I had on my Sportster. I also think the Chrome Moustache may be a little wide for what I am looking for. I want to keep the leaner look for now. Kuryakyn has a highway cruise peg mount set up for about $150 in Dennis Kirk (page 436) and JP cycles catalogues, but it is only for 84-99 Softails. Pegs fold up for around town and down for out on the road. I can't find anything like this for 00 and later Softails. Is anybody aware of anything similar to this set up that might work? Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gregandshelly said:
I have a 2003 FXST and want to add driver floorboards. Where did you get them and how difficult were they to install?
Actually I first added the Universal Floorboards by Custom Chrome. I bought them on Ebay for 40-45$. They worked Ok and mounted just like the rider footpegs do; 5 minute install. They worked good and I had them on the bike to Sturgis and back-1750+ miles. However they looked a little plain and and they only rotate 15 degreees up down.
So I sold them on Ebay and bought some Kuryakyn Iso Wing boards. These are 5" wide and 6" or so long, but are not square/rectangular like regular floorbords. They match the Kuryakyn ISO brake pedal pad and shifter pad. They look great, are very comfortable because of the ISO pads and rotate 360 degrees for comfort. I paid 89$ for them.Kuryakyn part no. is 4450.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
You might want to look at these I put a set on my bike ('02 Fatboy) a month or so ago and really like them. Sturdy, not too outlandish and comfortable on longer rides when I need to change riding positions (read sore butt).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts