V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody heard of a "Highway 3" project connecting Savannah, GA and Knoxville, TN? I was sent a link to this petition, but haven't signed it because I can't find any information on the proposed plans.

http://www.petitiononline.com/pplvshwy/petition-sign.html

I really can't imagine the local authorities would build a new road through deal's gap, but if so, I'll certainly sign the petition. My thinking is that perhaps they are looking for a new road that will bypass the gap and get more cars (and big rigs) off 129, which I think would be a good thing...

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
There is a proposal to study a possible highway. Even if the study is funded, it would be 20 years before it's built. Still a good idea to sign the petition.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't figure out why anybody *needs* an interstate on both sides of the park. It's not as if you can't to Knoxville via 26 to 40 or 16 to 75. It seems like there are more pressing needs for our tax $$$. They could start by repaving 95 through South Carolina....

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I know most of the locals are against it as it would kill a large part of thier livliehood

1 - 5 of 5 Posts