V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any lady who owns a softail and is as tall as 5'2' can probably help me out. I just got a fatboy and I was wonder if I should buy a lowering kit and keep the seat, or by a smaller seat without the lowering kit. Or should I buy both.

If I buy the lowering kit, then what kind?
If I buy a seat, then which one (perferably a H-D seat)?

Your suggestions would be helpful.

thanks, Carrie

If any of you guys have suggestions, please feel free to respond.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Carrie,

The white brothers lowering kit is about 80 licks:D Most riders go thsi route. Most dealers keep this kit readliy in stock.

Harley makes a softail lowering kit w/ chrome shocks if you want slick but more expensive.

I would also advise you to get what is called a "close" fit seat. A "close"seat has a narrow and low crotch area that makes it easier for you to put your feet down correctly. Whatever you do...make sure your set-up allows you to sit on your bike with it balanced with your feet flat on the ground. No tippy toes! Most lady riders of you height range use lowering kit and a seat change out!

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Well, I'm not 5' 2" and I don't have a fatboy, but I can tell you that on my bike with my stock seat I can't flat-foot it. So, I have a badlander seat (don't know if they make them for a fatboy or not) and it lowers it enough so that I can flat-foot it. I guess it all depends on how much you need it lowered.

I got so excited when I saw a bike question in here! I just had to post, even though I don't know what to tell you!LOL

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the imput and they do make a badlander seat for a softail. Badlanders I don't think come in solo. Do they?

Hey, any way I can help, I'll do it. And if that means posting more bike questions, then so be it. Us ladies got to stick together!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Lower it and you will scrape in the twisties for sure.

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
how in the world can those women wear nothing but a thong to ride in and not pull every bit of there skin off there legs when getting off there bike is beyone me:cool:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts