V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BFFB
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what the highest milage stock tc 88 has been seen with original top end , lifters ,valve train ,starter, etc ?? i have seen 40,000 +but with lifters and cam bearing replaced,,,99 model,,,,mine is an 00 at 2 1/2 years with 25,000 with no mechanical work done at all,,,,at 3 years old there must be some out there , but all i ever see are fairly low mile bikes,,,, i would also be curious about hi milage evos,,,,

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
45,500 miles on a 2000 FLTRSEI factory 1550. Some sensor and fuel injection parts have been replaced, stator, cosmetic parts. No work has been done or needed in motor and none of the problems have ever left me stranded !!! I drive agressively also. I seem to remember a couple of 100K TC's ?????

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
This is no **** now. My Y2KFLHRCI was purchased new 02/18/00. I wrecked the damn thing 826 days later on 05/04/02. I ride to work and it is roughly 36 miles one way. The horse had 51,267 miles on her when I had to shoot her.

No problems other than a damned shifter peg that Boomer had to weld on for me cause it kept fallin off. LOL!

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

I'm going over 30K soon and as some the members here know, I've had my share of problems.
The first year was fine, got the bike in september 2000. (Start of Western European Winter!!!! here).
The first thing to go were the front Brake Nipples. That was highlighted for those of you that are in a colder climate , and they use salt.
If you don't keep the bleed valves moving in a salty enviroment they WiLL SEIZE!!!
COPPER GREASE PLEASE.
Then the Cam Sencor went apeshit!
Then the rear Calipers Pad Pins went....
At the moment I'm contructing a place for my 'personel' [email protected] that this bike has put me through for the rest of you to ..................

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
FREEDOM FOR ALL.!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not mine , a mate who I ride with has a 95 FXDWG , he has clocked up 370000km , he rebuilt the engine at 325000km - other than the rebuid he has used 27 rear tyres and 16 front tyres , the bike is serviced every 5000 km . The bike has not been trouble free but not to bad for the mileage .;)

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
The 'bones' of the bike are fine, it is the preferiferial's....
(sp) ?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
The old 99 RoadKing had a little over 54K last year when I traded it. Only replacement parts were tires oil and filters. Not even brakes.

It did have a tricky electrical problem when it was new but fixed it by cutting a harness off and replacing it with a GM connector from PepBoys that if I recall correctly cost about 7 bucks.

The 02 Glide is a different story, other then a few tires and oil and filter, had to replace the brakes with aftermarkets because they squealed (not worn), had to weld a broken inner primary (tensioner bolt pulled out and broke it), had to replace the speed sensor (they gave me one) and a few other really weird things that seemed to correct themselves.
But in the end the repair cost is still zero. $hit just always seems to happen during long trips, this one is definitely a female. <G>

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Also had a 99 FXDX, but only put about 10K on it as I didn't like it, that one didn't even get tires.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Forgot, the RK developed a thing at the end where it would shut off everything at night at highway speeds, didn't do it often enough to worry about it as it was already gone in my mind (Glide came in late)

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Way it goes, RTS FTS (ride the sumbit(h, fix the sumbit(h)

As long as the sumbit(h makes it home, even with loud agricultural noises, things are good.

·
Banned
999 Posts
01 flhtci,bought it in june with 21904 miles, has 37k on it now, havent done **** to it except the routine stuff.

AHHH my EVO, Sybil (95 flhtc) !!!! I think she has a little more than 110k miles. one top end mostly cause of base gasket leak, swingarm problem, 11 rear and four front tires, bunch of other small hard parts.

guy I know in south Miami has 330,000 on an 87 flhtc. Its beat to death ,still goes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts