V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went in my local Dealership yesterday looking for some gloves and noticed they had atleast 25 new Twin Cams on the floor. I walked through the bikes checking out the paint schemes just for the hell of it when the Salesman started asking me if he could help me. I said nope and that I had just got my bike in last week. He said he couldn't understand why someone would order one when they have so many on the floor.

I said well Duh! Have you guys not figured out yet why you have so many sitting here. He had a blank look on his face.

I told him I priced them there back in August and they wanted 23k for a stock bike. I paid 19k.

He said but oh you had to wait a year to get a deal that good.

I said yeah I ordered it last year on lets see.......Dec. 18

Got it Jan 7.

He said yeah but wait till you need it serviced or Warranty work done.

His little blackmail threat doesn't scare me. For all the Service guy is going to know is I just moved here with the bike.

What sucks is probably in 6 months or by the end of the year there are going to be so many surplus bikes I could probably have got it for 18k. But look at all the riding I would have missed.

Just thought I would share my thoughts with ya'll.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Traceman said:
I went in my local Dealership yesterday looking for some gloves and noticed they had atleast 25 new Twin Cams on the floor. I walked through the bikes checking out the paint schemes just for the hell of it when the Salesman started asking me if he could help me. I said nope and that I had just got my bike in last week. He said he couldn't understand why someone would order one when they have so many on the floor.

I said well Duh! Have you guys not figured out yet why you have so many sitting here. He had a blank look on his face.

I told him I priced them there back in August and they wanted 23k for a stock bike. I paid 19k.

He said but oh you had to wait a year to get a deal that good.

I said yeah I ordered it last year on lets see.......Dec. 18

Got it Jan 7.

<snip>
That's outrageous! I hope it comes back and bites him and that dealership. They deserve it.

I encourage you to post the name of the dealership in our Dealership Forum. Also, I suggest you post your exp. over at www.hawgeye.com People need to know about this crap.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Traceman said:
WTF is up with that damn comment? Why should what you paid for bike, when you ordered it/got it, or who you got it from matter?(Okay, sometimes dealers do get a little testy about you buying elsewhere and bring it to them for work.) Sounds like that person was being an asswipe.

I'd definitely think long & hard about using a dealership who employed an idiot like this. :( I'd look for another shop.You might want to go in and talk to an owner or manager of this shop and ask him what the salesdweeb possibly meant by this comment. May not accomplish anything by it as owner may take salesdweeb's side or guy may lie and say they never said that but if there is another shop nearby, I'd definitely let it be known, they'll be getting my business.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
From my experience, sales and service dept are 2 diff beasts. Sales will tell you anything (like, ya will give you another bike to ride when yours is in service_HA HA HA HA) to make the sale and service doesn't do **** to help ya unless you are a upper to middle age guy with all the time and cash in the world to wait for them to do almost nothing. They will jump on their bullshitt 500 and 1000 mile service (oil change-quick look). But bring them something that isn't cut and dry. Like having them diagnose something under warranty and the answer I get is (if we can't reproduce the problem we can't fix it.) Even when you tell them they need to ride fer 50 to 100 miles to make the problem reoccur and the bike comes back to ya with 4 miles on it and the same fuken problem. Ya, I’m bitter when it comes to the HD’s STEALERS. If it weren’t fer that LITTLE 1yr warranty they would have never seen me. And now that I know better, they will never get another dime out of my ass. 1 fuken yr! If you went to buy a new car and the guy said, “this brand new 25 thousand car comes with a whopping 1yr warranty you would jet. And I have been riding *** crap my entire life and have never been put through this kind of shitt. Well I hope it’s not this way out side CT, but here it sucks.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My stealership talks all that "out of region" crap also, the sales dork doesn't even own a HD, what's sad is service or sales staff arn't paid enough to own the product they spend so much time BS'ing about. The majority of the sales and service staff at my dealer (Guy W's) ride imprt bikes.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
I am thinking that you are probably talking about Texan HD in The Woodlands. I will go one step further and bet it was Brian that you talked to. LOL he is a Moron anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts