V-Twin Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
My 2016 RGU is the third 103. The high out put with the wet head has a better torque range and much stronger roll on.
Also sounds good stock. But I am sure it won't stay that way much longer. 4000 miles on it last week ,that is the longest I have left the exhaust stock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am thinking of getting a 2016 FXDF Fatbob i had a 2013 and it was a great handling bike both in the twisties and flat out on the straights. Put a Bassani 2 into 1 road rage 2 S&S HIGH FLOW AIR CLEANER a good tuner and get that H.O. 103 with stage 1 on a dyno that should perform pretty good without losing reliability, untill i get the itch to put cams etc. any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I traded my 2016 103 Wet head for an M8. There was nothing wrong with the 2016.
Ran great. The only thing I changed was the header to a Fuel Moto 2-1-2. Wanted the CAT out and that is how I chose to do it. There was no reason to mess with the tune for that change.
I traded because I wanted to rid out into retirement on a new one. Having put a fair amount of miles on a 2011 and 2013 103. I can say the 2016 103 had more roll on torque.
On the wet head they raise the compression just a touch more fro some reason.
25,000 trouble free miles on it . Someone picked up a great used bike.

·
Premium Member
14,467 Posts
The factory literature refers to measurements at the crank, not the rear wheel.

Like you say, the numbers are just numbers. The range where those numbers happen is more important than the max numbers.

Anybody want to bring their 120/120 bagger here and ride in the mountains? I'll hang with you all day long with my puny 82/94 103ci Ultra. I'll even buy you a beer if you can keep up. :cheers:
This is truth. No brag, just fact.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see on the Harley website that the 2016 Dynas and Softails all have High Output 103 engines. In 2015 only the touring bikes had them.

What makes an engine "High Output"? Is it just a low rpm torque cam or it is something more like better heads or higher compression?

What upgrades besides more displacement do the CVO Screaming Eagle 110 engines have?
I have a 2016 Police fhlp ultraglide and I wanted to put a stage three on the police 103 HO but the mechanic told me it comes with a stage three kit from the factory just put some slip ons on for the exhaust. I'm just trying to find a truthful answer

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,634 Posts
I have a 2016 Police fhlp ultraglide and I wanted to put a stage three on the police 103 HO but the mechanic told me it comes with a stage three kit from the factory just put some slip ons on for the exhaust. I'm just trying to find a truthful answer
If you actually read this zombie thread that you awakened you would have your answer.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts