V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a related thread, a Forum member (Highway_man) noted that he's ridden his Ultra over 28K miles since May. I was pretty impressed with that mileage, since I've never completed anything close to that in my years of riding and he lives in Ohio, not exactly a warm weather state. Does Highway_man have the claim on high mileage per year on this Forum?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I could only manage to ride 8,000 miles this year. 28,000 miles a year in Ohio? The man must be retired.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went back and checked the paper work that I had when I bought the bike and the actual mileage I put on was not 28,000 miles it was 27,732.
Well, I was close. Then there was the 2400 + miles I put on my Goldwing in April. Does that count? LOL

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the Highway_Man has a car! LOL He just wants to enjoy every
moment of life. Since the initial post on the subject of high mileage, no competitors have come forward? I'm starting to suspect that Highway_Man may have the forum mileage record for 2001. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, Boomer. You're not a big sissy!!! LOL 20K per year is a lot. But it does look like the Highway_Man has the H/D Forum record for most miles in 2001. Rumor has it that it's been snowing in Ohio for awhile. So he's done this year. Unless he puts skis on that Ultra... Let's see if he puts 20K+ on next year. Hope he does!!!!! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well considering our Island is about 300 miles at the longest points I think 19,000 ain't bad. Then consider the obstacles we have to contend with: Narrow roads, bad surfaces, sheep & their sheeet, cows and their Sheeet, mucksavages and their tractors, damp climate and greasy surfaces.....

So - I WANT A MEDAL!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts