V-Twin Forum banner

high idle start after battery died on 14 wide glide it revs at start then drops

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  autoworker 
#1 ·
my 2014 103 dyna revs at start when I start then drops just started this after dead battery code b2771

#3 ·
I don't think there is a b2771 DTC, nor do I think there is a DTC for a dead battery. Where did you read this code? Did it go away after you jumped the battery?

"b" codes are for the BCM. Maybe you had a b2271 which would be for BCM voltage low?

If you were jumping then I'm guessing the bike sat for a while. Does the idle drop back to normal? How long does it take to drop? How high does it "rev"?

Try cleaning out the IAC module. You could have a failing engine temp sensor. Are you twisting the throttle when you start the engine?

You can go here to introduce yourself so we can see you're not just another troll or trying to bash on somebody or sell us something. My Story, the Beginning...

You're posting into a forum for news. Go to the correct technical forums to post questions. Twin-Cam Engine

Try typing real sentences and giving a little more information about your problem. We aren't there, we don't know the backstory, we can't see or hear your bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.