V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 1450cc TC 88 with Stage 1 pipes, A/C, and jetting job, 20,000 miles. after i run for a while at highway speeds and come to a stop, the idle is high. if i let it sit for a while and restart. idle is ok. doesn't happen around town on short trips. heat related? any ideas as to where to start troubleshooting?

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
check intake seals with a spray bottle of brake cleaner. If rpm changes, do a gasket job. There are other causes, but I would check that first

·
Not-so-Fatboy
1,115 Posts
ViennaHog said:
check intake seals with a spray bottle of brake cleaner. If rpm changes, do a gasket job. There are other causes, but I would check that first

That's what I would have said. Had the same problem on my '05 Fatboy. Had a similar problem afterwards, but realized that the idle was set when the bike was cold vice warm. That made a huge difference......

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
ViennaHog said:
What would you check if this checks out?
I have the very same issue.....

K.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Manifold gaskets and rubber doughnut between the carb and manifold.

And as mentioned above, do the final setting on idle after the engine is good and hot, 15-20 mile ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts