V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad to say, but I put my bike in storage this weekend.

Much as I would like to ride my bike year-round, it just isn't practical here in the midwest. Aside from the cold (which I could probably deal with) there is a lot of salt on the roads, and the thought of leaning into a corner when there is a couple of inches of snow on the ground isn't very appealing to me. Even if you start out on a clear, dry day there is always the possibility of getting caught a long way from home by a freak snowstorm. And to look on the bright dide, I've got a lot more space in my garage now.

According to my calendar, its only 90 days or so till March rolls around. Believe me, I'm counting...

·
Banned
5,863 Posts
I'm right there with you, Drew. I ride because I enjoy it but a chill-to-the-bone takes all the enjoyment right out of it. Once there's snow on the ground, which there is now, she's in for the season.
I'm counting, too. But I'll be skiing while I'm doing it...

Dean

·
Registered
123 Posts
I too have the sled up on blocks. This is the first time in almost two years. The salt and cold (it's 9F outside this morning) seem much more intense this year. I have often said that it's not the cold that keeps me off the road, it's the salt. When I say that, I assume all understand I'm not talking about the 9 deg days. OK, Lets all get outside and empty our fluorocarbon spray cans and start a little global warming up here in the northeast!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Well, I don't put mine away for the winter because given the chance, I will take her for a ride. But, and that's a big BUT, taking the current weather into consideration, I may have put her away the Sunday before Thanksgiving!:mad:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yep. As much as I hate to admit it, I put mine away this past weekend. Changed the oil, took the battery out, put it up on the lift and pushed it into the corner.

*SIGH*

Like Drew said though.....At least I can park the truck in the garage now.

By the way, it was 2 flippin' degrees out when I woke up this morning. That's just G***amn COLD!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sorry to hit hard but....don't have to put her away...55F here today...rode at at noon 20 miles or so. . .this weekend...forecast is 58F Saturday and I'll ride her again. Hang in there. .. the winter will be over for you soon. Come to Tennessee. . .

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Both mine and my wifes bikes have been in the garage since late October. Plugged in the Battery Tender two weeks ago. Plan to stop by the dealership this weekend to pick up oil & filter. Time to face it, winter's here! Hate to wish my life away but I can't wait 'til spring!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm right there with you guys, hubby and I pushed them into the corner of the basement and took the batteries out. the winter last year was so mild that I almost forgot what the cold weather was like! That isn't going to happen this year, it's freezing cold and there's snow on the ground, hardly great riding weather, I'll wait for the warmer days to roll around.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I couldn't take it anymore so I took mine for a ride last Friday, it was around 40 here. I still can't get used to that full helmet, I kept thinking I was hearing wierd noises coming from my bike. I like those new gel batteries I don't have to take it out just hook up to the trickle charger once in a while. Oh well unless I change my insurance I am done for three months. Bummer, Rick

·
Registered
285 Posts
I thought i would get at least one more ride before the snow came but thats it for the season in Pennsylvania we just got 8" of snow. I was holding out hope that we would have some mild days like we usually have in december, But of course now that i have a harley i won't see a mild day untill april. Well i guess Its time to wax the snowmobiles and get them ready for the winter at least i will gets some riding in this winter

·
Registered
194 Posts
I too went for a short ride, (shorter than planned anyways) last night before the snow dumped on us today. Froze my friggen butt off. But I knew it could be my last chance for a few months....Ouch! Got my 03 Fatboy Saturday, 5 days later it snows. I should have bought a brand new snowmobile a few days later I brought the bike home.....it would still be 50' out. But hey, a kerosene heater and a chair in the garage, I can still drool!!!!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
attitude said:
But hey, a kerosene heater and a chair in the garage, I can still drool!!!!
:D :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cold?????Winter???????

I feel real sorry for you guys. Here in Alabama we ride all but about 2 days A year, except for rain. It is going to be 29 tonite but by lunch on Sunday in will be mid 50's . We are planning A 200 mi ride for the afternoon. This makes all the RED NECK jokes easy to take!

RIDE SAFE

Jeff

·
Registered
602 Posts
okay, just for that....

Know where the toothbrush was invented??...........Arkansas.......If it was invented anywhere else..........it'd be called the teethbrush.........

·
Registered
23 Posts
Going to ride!

I don't have time to reply, the bike is warmed up & we are going to RIDE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

RIDE SAFE

JEFF :D :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts