V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wife and I joined a chapter in Melbourne Australia we go for our first ride in a group tomorrow(sunday 29/9)my wife hasn't had this experience yet,and its been a while since i did can't wait...............

RIDE SAFE PEOPLE...............Ian & Carole
proud members of the dandenong chapter of H.O.G.
Melbourne Victoria Australia:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well then, welcome aboard. Sure hope the ride goes good and you find a warm welcome. Do they tie the ride to a group meeting, a meal outing, poker type run, or just a casual tour?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hey its no fair , isn't it summer now in Australia, or is it summer all the time? I think it is great there are HOG groups all over the world hope to see some in Milwaukee next year. ride safe rickpoco

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Members Worldwide

HOG membership has ups and downs. One of the really cool things about it, IMHO, is meeting people from around the world.

Met some French HOG members at the 100th anniversary tour here in the LA area. The HOG membership gives you an connection with people everywhere. And frankly, that's damn neat!

Welcome aboard, Ian and Carole. Oh, be safe in the group ride!!!! And sign up for the safety classes. One more thing, if your HOG chapter has some classes for new members, go to them. Learn and live to ride, far and long!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Welcome Ian and Carole! Chris and I will be in Sydney next March, doing a fly and ride... What kind of weather should we expect?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Tom & Chris we live in Melbourne Victoria. Sydney weather is usually nice & sunny,we are getting into warmer weather now mind you i don't care what the weather i like to ride in the rain,not keen on wind though.
foxtell weather channel tell us a week in advance you'll have to keep in touch and i'll let you know just b4 you come,but i'm sure ther will be a web site to go to try www.sydney.com.au there's bound to be weather forcasts on that site .If you find yourselves heading down south,we live on westernport bay so keep in touch and we'll get together for a few beers and a barbecue.Hell you said march if your coming for the 100year celebrations we are hopefully going to be there too,we will be with the Dandenong chapter of H.O.G. i'll find out what date that will be and post it on here..

ride safe Tom and maybe we'll see you when you get here!!!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Damn...Australia, what an awesome country to have a bike!!! I wish I had a few months off so I could just wander the countryside there!

Welcome to the forum and congrats!

B

·
0 Posts
We're planning on being at the 100th Open Road event in Sydney. Hopefully we can hook up...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeh joeoitsu its a BIG countryside to explore !!and Tom we'll have to make that happen,Carole and I look forward to meeting you and Chris there.We are organizing somewhere to stay,a mate of mine lived in Sydney for a few years so he has connections there see you in march....

Ian , Carole & the purple softail

1 - 9 of 9 Posts