V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so january last year boyfriend decided he didnt want me to ride on his bike no more so we went and got a sporty ..i.e. piece of crap lol but great beginners bike ..... boy wish i had known then what i do now ... january this year couldnt take it anymore so i went out and got my dyna and have been in love since never had a smoother ride and handling is a dream ... need a few things to make it really comfortable and im thinking i could sleep on it giggle.

turtle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
have a question if someone has an answer am getting terrible gas milage on my bike .... have had the jets redone and adjusted and still cant seem to get more then 150 out of a 5 gallon tank is this usual????

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
accelerate slowly and don't drive over 50 mph.
:redrolf::redrolf:

·
No work, all play
109 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Dyna!

Your milage sounds about right. My '02 Road King gets 46 MPG on the highway but only high 20's when I'm out hotrodding.

As they say...your milage may vary.

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
Welcome to the site. You may get better response posting in the appropriate technical forum.

Do you mean 150 when you hit reserve? That's about 36 mpg which is about what I get when I blast down the highway at 80mph. If I am putting around, I can easily go to 166-175 before hitting reserve.

Do your plugs look good and does the bike run great? You may be OK.

rkc

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sportster aren't pieces of crap nor or they great beginners bikes. I know it sounds cool and knowledgeable to say it but the statement is wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts