V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Winter is setting in here in beautiful downtown Broadview Heights, Ohio.:badmood:

My other half suggested that I find a appropriate 12 step program. No matter what I do, my thoughts run to that trip down I-90 to Sturgis. She has threatened to leave my unless I get some serious help (and remove the throttle grip I installed on the kitchen faucet). She even faxed my photo to every HD dealer in NE Ohio, and has instructed them NOT to let me in. I feel like my world is at a end!!!! Please help me - just one fix. I promise I'll stop putting chrome on tomorrow. Really. I promise.

I enjoy these forums and learn something new every day. Everybody seems great, and everybody seems welcome. Thanks for making this such a wonderful place to be.

Have fun and ride safe - Ken:wavey:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Welcome Ken,
There is no 12 step program, I had the same problem in 97, so instead of moving my Dyna out of the living room and removing the throttle grip from the toilet flush handles, I traded in the old lady on a newer and improved European version. The new model rides in all weather, don't mind the chrome in the house, likes the smell of fuel and gear oil, and loves the vibrations! Even goes to the Harley shop and buys me stuff when I aint around. Hang in there, there is always a solution. Welcome to the forum.

:welcome:

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Got the same "chomatosis" problem here, just do what I do and go with it. Anyway, WELCOME to the VTF!

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
You have stepped into a forum where we know, understand and sympathize with your chrome problem.

You will most likely get some well deserved help here, help picking out more chrome that is.

Welcome to the reflective world of chrome and post hoes. A beaut of a forum where a sense of humor, technical question answering and new friends are just a few key strokes away.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
05FLHRI said:
Hi all,

Winter is setting in here in beautiful downtown Broadview Heights, Ohio.:badmood:

My other half suggested that I find a appropriate 12 step program. No matter what I do, my thoughts run to that trip down I-90 to Sturgis. She has threatened to leave my unless I get some serious help (and remove the throttle grip I installed on the kitchen faucet). She even faxed my photo to every HD dealer in NE Ohio, and has instructed them NOT to let me in. I feel like my world is at a end!!!! Please help me - just one fix. I promise I'll stop putting chrome on tomorrow. Really. I promise.

I enjoy these forums and learn something new every day. Everybody seems great, and everybody seems welcome. Thanks for making this such a wonderful place to be.

Have fun and ride safe - Ken:wavey:

Hi Ken! Welcome to Chome Anyonymous. Unlike most programs. We here support Chrome. You can afford it, then go get it. Just remember chrome won't get you home. And also welcome to the forum. :welcome:

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
:welcome:
Well, the next best thing to chrome is MORE POWER!:woohoo:
Since she will not let you get chrome, go get the BB kit, Cams, Heads and make it scream.
Try on-line shopping, she does not need to know.
Good luck and ride safe.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
HD-LUX said:
... but it might git ya laid!
that's true for you single predators out there. as for me....I just don't think my wife cares that much about chrome. :roflback:

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Hello Ken...thanks for sharing...:whistle:

·
We're still here ya know
689 Posts
HD-LUX said:
Chris, you are such a hell raising rebel........when you're OL will let you!!:D

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
billymac said:
... when you're OL will let you!!
So freakin' true. But I got her figured out. I love it when she stops and looks at the scoot and says with a scowl "Did you get something new?", and I look down at the new chrome toolbox, swing arm covers and new nostalgic derby, and with 40+ years of practice say "No dear, those have been there all along." I feel like I am back in school getting busted for smoking.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the warm welcome, and some useful suggestions.

Looking forward to great times!

Ride Safe - Ken

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
I'll be Chrome for Christmas

I'll be Chrome for Christmas...
You can count on me
I'll buy chrome and more like that;
And maybe a get a brand new tat!

I'll be Chrome for Christmas
Mags won't work for me
I'll be Chrome for Christmas!
As long as I ride an H-D!

Welcome Ken. You are among friends here. We all share the same illness. A compulsion that does not go away... if anything, it worsens during the winter months.

There is no cure, but just hanging out at a Harley dealership helps me!

Ride safe!

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Rock_Steady said:
that's true for you single predators out there. as for me....I just don't think my wife cares that much about chrome. :roflback:
Lucky for me mine gets hot over chrome. I sure seem to have plenty of it in my beard now.:rolleyes:

Joe

·
Registered
265 Posts
HD-LUX said:
Not at my house! I don't think there's much that gets me in to as much HOT water as my buying "useless" stuff...ie "chrome" (her words NOT mine!)! :sofa:

·
Just Sayin'
2,563 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Lots of good stuff here. Post often. You arn't by any chance a friend of Bill "H-D" Wilson are you?:whistle: :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DynaLow05 said:
:welcome: to the forum. Lots of good stuff here. Post often. You arn't by any chance a friend of Bill "H-D" Wilson are you?:whistle: :D :D :D
Hey Fred,

Very nice to meet ya!:thumbsup:

I haven't met him (yet). Does he live in NW Ohio? If he does, hook me up with him, I'll buy the beer!:cheers:

Ride Safe - Ken

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
It is that time of year. Time to grow my annual beard.........It gets whiter and thicker every blessed year.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts