V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding motorcyles for 30 years now. As a teenager I owned a couple of Kawasakis and then I bought a Suzuki GS-550 after I joined the military. That all changed in 1989 when I bought my first and only Harley. I purchased a 1989 883 Sportster from the Air Force Exchange while stationed in the Philippines. I've had it ever since. Two years ago I did a Thunderstorm conversion and she runs great. I dyno'd the bike and got 82.3 hp and 72 ft lbs of torque. I'm very pleased with the results. Every time I ride it I feel like a kid again, its very exhilirating!

I'm just hitting 26 years in the Air Force now and will be retiring soon. For now I'm enjoying my tour in Hawaii and the many days I get to ride. It truly is paradise. :D

I look forward to more posts in the future. Kindest regards, chieftd

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Welcome chief. Sporty's are lots of fun, still wish I had mine. Visit the vets forum also.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
chieftd,

welcome aboard! Let's see a pic of your sled.

regards,

wyo

·
Registered
349 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chief, just retired from USN after 23 years. It's a great feeling. Enjoy Hawaii....
Fat

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Welcome Chief from a retired (a long time ago) Navy E-9. Great forum here.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome chieftd, welcome to the fourums and your future entry in the world of retar...., I mean retirees:D Quite a few of us here, enjoy and post often...................

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Welcome Chief!

Retired 18 months ago after giving the Navy 20 years.

This is a great place, lots of information and good people.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
chieftd said:
82.3 hp and 72 ft lbs of torque

I'm just hitting 26 years in the Air Force now and will be retiring soon.
Welcome to the forum. 82.3 hp is pretty darn impressive. Thanks for serving our country. Post up often.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

A BIG SALUTE TO YOU!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.