V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking (or lurking) for a while. I just closed the deal on an '03 Low Rider (Vivid Black) and should have it in a few weeks. It was a long distance type deal and they will ship to me several hundred miles away.

This will be my first Harley after 25 years with various street and dirtbikes and I look forward to the experience. I'm sure I will have many rookie type questions along the way and will appreciate the insight and wisdom of the collective. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Right On! My 03 (vivid black) will also be here in a few weeks, like September (more than a few but it sounds better).
Good luck with your new bike. Have you seen any 03's with this color? I have and they look real sweet.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Say txmedic, where did you buy your bike? Bought mine via phone and internet from Barnett in El Paso. I looked all over the country and at the time, Barnett had the best deal. Even got it shipped to my door free.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dave51 said:
Say txmedic, where did you buy your bike? Bought mine via phone and internet from Barnett in El Paso. I looked all over the country and at the time, Barnett had the best deal. Even got it shipped to my door free.
Well....in this chapter of the story....I had the deal set up through Barnett with the same perks, fly out sign and have the bike shipped. Then Central Texas Harley called and said they have the exact same bike and agreed to match the deal. They should have it ready tomorrow. I got a cell phone call from an irate salesman while sitting at the new one's desk. :rolleyes: Threatened to keep my refund, yada,yada, ya.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
FNG? I am here!

:D , I humbly accept my new title. First got my motorcycle endorsement in 1977 though. A dozen motorcycles and an average of 12,000 miles per year. I'll see what I can do about the post count.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's here....

Took delivery this morning. I can already see a few accessories are in order. It will need a detatchable windscreen, a backrest (my wife's only request), and some PIPES! I am embarassed to be heard. I don't think I have ever heard a stock Harley exhaust. Come to think of it, I can't hear mine.:rolleyes: Maybe later some forward controls etc., etc., etc. but you know what I mean.

33 miles on the clock so far, this break-in is killin' me. It was a great excuse to get off the freeway and take the long way home.

·
Registered
695 Posts
txmedic,
What did your dealer say (or suggest to you) about what you should do with breakin' in your bike?
I can see it already, when I pick up my bike I better go ahead and schedule the first service -- I won't be able to get off of it. HA!
You must be feelin' pretty darn good.

dave51,
I wish I had known about Barnett in El Paso when I was ready to buy. I'm not for sure but I think it was wyodude that told me about this dealer after I already ordered. I would rather have had an 02 -- I'd be ridin' right now, but my dealer told me (he knew I was the FNG) that all the 02's were gone. The 100th edition doesn't mean squat to me -- I wanted a Harley. How many miles do you have on your bike so far?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
500 miles at variable speeds up to 55mph. Lots of hot/cold cycles. Up to 70 mph until 1000 miles. Got my wife to drive me back to pick up my truck this evening. Bought footpegs and slip-ons. :eek:

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
cox9000. Will have had the SuperGlide a year in September. 2000 miles which isn't a lot but time is a precious commodity around here. Barnett has at any given time, between 4 and 5 hundred bikes. Mostly used but a lot in excellent condition. I'm not advertising for them, I just got lucky and found a good deal. Look them up on the net. Pictures and everything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts