V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally decided today was the day to put my first post on here. I have ghosted here for quite some time. I guess I felt like I couldn't contribute much at the time. I had a 97 Sporty 883 that I rode for 2-1/2 years and recently traded it in on a new leftover 05 Dyna Super Glide. Man I love this new bike. I have found this forum to be very knowledgeable and I hope to finally add something to it!

LeavenworthJeff
05 FXDI SIlver with laced wheels.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum Jeff. Congrats on the new Super Glide!! Post up often and enjoy!!

H

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the board. In all the time lurking you should have learned this:

Your '05 is not "leftover", it's the one you bought because you didn't like the changes to the Dyna line, so you got it just in time. (Had you bought an '06 it would have been because "the MoCo finally made the changes you'd been waiting for"). :)

Congratulations on the new bike, and welcome.

Harris

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Harris: You are right! Three months ago in early August, I had the my choice either an 05 or an 06. I went with the 05 for several reasons:

Had the color that my wife liked right then (silver)
Proven aftermarket parts and upgrades (ie Stage 1)
05 had an two up seat (06 solo)
The EPA thing and nobody seeming to give good answers about the 06 right now.
Too many new things about the 06's that were unproven at the time.

I rode several 06 Dynas at the factory open house and I can say that I don't think I am missing anything performance wise. Looks maybe a little (06 with beefier forks, no headlight eyebrow)

LeavenworthJeff
05 FXDI Silver

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Great bike Mister.

Welcome to the forums. Post up and enlighten the world of motorcycle nutz and bolts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts