V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been riding since I was fourteen on a XR-75, been racing dirtbikes all my life and still do at the ripe young age of fourty-eight. (X-country racing) I have owned four or five road bikes. I finally got enough money to buy a Harley, I always wanted one. I do my own wrenching so I think this fourm will help me with this new sled. I know over time I will be working on it. By the way I got myself a 05 Fat Boy, got the stage one and chrome rear sprocket on it so far. Man I LOVE this bike, at times I wish I would have gotten the Deluxe. I want a three or five spoke chrome front wheel, you folks have any ideas. I'll buy the first and last :beer: I'll be here alot. This is one of the best times to ride here in south Texas. You folks up north sure miss alot of riding

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the VTF.

Your story rings true to the sort of song we all sing here.

Nice bike. It's 6 degrees and snow here in Yankee land. so I cant ride at the moment.

Thanks for checking in a telling us about yourself. Enjoy this fine showcase of a two wheeled form.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Howdy from another Texan. Yes we are lucky to live in a place where we can ride year round. Welcome to this site and congrats on the new scoot. Post some pics of the bike when you can. Ride safe.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum!! I ride up here, but it's a little cooler. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
CR3999 - welcome to VTF. Great place to sort out your ideas for the new scoot. Plenty of folks willing to share their minds. Some minds are better than others.

Personally, I think you made the right choice... love those solid wheels.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
howdy do. i too raced the texas off-road. quit in 98 when i broke my neck ( not on a motorcycle ) we did the nationals and those faaasssstttttt sand washes you guys have around fort hood. remember a purple and white cr500 at those events?
still trying to bunny hop logs on my dyna, need more power lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts