V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Larry and I'm from Anchorage, Alaska. I am not new to riding. I have owned several metric bikes over the years. I sold my last bike about 6 years ago and vowed someday to buy myself a Harley before I died. Last April at 48 years old I had a heart attack and had to have 5 way heart bypass surgery. In July I came to the realization that I came way too close to dieing and I hadn't owned my Harley yet. I went out and bought myself a new 2005 Softail Deluxe and my only regret at this point was not doing this 20 years ago. I can't hardly wait for spring to come and have already made plans to ship my bike to Seattle in September and then my wife and I spending 2 weeks riding to Vegas for Bikefest and then returning to Seattle via the California coast highway. This looks like a great place to meet new people and to get a lot of helpful information. Thanks for the great forum!!

Larry

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Hey Larry :welcome: to the forum.Lots of good people and info here.Enjoy your stay and get well soon!

·
2008 Ultra
318 Posts
Hello madalaskan ... welcome to VTF ...

You will love the return trip along the costal highway ... beautiful scenery and a great road to ride. Just watch out for the fog in the early morning hours. It clears up around 10:00 am ...

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Welcome and enjoy. glad to hear you'll be living life on a Harley. good luck getting that smile off your face while riding your new bike.

good luck and ride safe.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: the forum. Post up often and enjoy!

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
Welcome.....especially to a fellow Alaskan. Lived many years in Big Delta. Working in the lower 48 right now but making a trip to Homer this summer on my Ultra. Enjoy your scoot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ahh...Alaska

I lived iin Anchorage from '92 to '00. What a great place to live!! Except the winters got a little too much for me. While I would be chipping the ice off my windshield, I'd be thinking 'I could be in California'. Now I am.
The days must be getting noticeably longer now though.
Kim

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to this fine forum of bikes that actually hold their value and are cool to boot.

you fit the demographics. dig in an post your mind.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Welcome aboard! I went to High School in Anchorage ( Service's 1st graduating class) My brother and his wife live there and I visit as often as I can. Can't beat the people and scenery even if the riding season is a bit short.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts