V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 Ultra Classic seems to lean on the kickstand more than others do...It is making me very nervous when I park it and have to be carefull where I park...any advise.

Thanks

·
Registered
597 Posts
welcome to the forums

I still get that feeling you get when you've put the stand down, lean the bike over and get off, just to see it move a couple of inches until the kick stand stops.

As long as the stand is in the fully extended position, there's a tab there that prevents the kick stand from collapsing. At least there is on my '10 Classic

edit - what I posted doesn't appear to related to what you're asking about. One guess I have is it bent?

·
Registered
973 Posts
the tab can wear out, allowing far more movement than there should be. more common on older bikes, but still a possibility on a newer one. put it on a stand, pop the kickstand nut and make sure the insides of the tab are square like they should be.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
My 2002 Ultra Classic seems to lean on the kickstand more than others do...It is making me very nervous when I park it and have to be carefull where I park...any advise.

Thanks
If it is as you say leaning more than other similar Ultra Classic, then something is wrong and should be checked out immediately. That's too nice a bike to have it on its side even briefly. And for added stability, I often leave the bike in gear. I don't want my bike going anywhere without me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts