V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured it was about time I posted somethin. Registered a few days ago and have been readin a bunch, but haven't had the time to sit and type until today.

Hi there from middle Georgia...I am new to motorcycle ridin and my first bike is an '01 Sportster 883 Custom. I love it! The salesperson sold me on it the second she told me "it matched my hair" LOL. But really I was sold on it cause it was already broken in and had screamin eagles put on it. What I wanted was a Harley with the "potato potato potato" sound and there it was just waitin for me to take her home!

Took the safety course and passed my driver's license test on my skill....or maybe I passed cause the guy givin me the test told me he thought I was "cute". ;) None the less, I have been out ridin as much as I can (mostly after dark now that it is so damn hot down here).

The forum looks like a bunch of fun people! And YAY some women riders to chat with too!!! I took the safety course with one other female Harley rider...but haven't heard from or seen her since....not too many of us out there.

I still have to work on attatchin a thumbnail pic and a signature to all of this stuff...but looks like I can attach a pic here to start :)

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Welcome from a fellow 'cracker'. You're gonna like this place. Lots of good people and information. Check out the Ladies Lair forum. There's more ladies ridin' than you might think. If you get up around North Ga., give a holler. Some mighty pretty places to ride up here.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Welcome aboard! It's great to have another lady in here! We need all the help we can get!LOL Enjoy yourself and post often!:D

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Welcome aboard! You're not shy are ya? Additional welcome cause you ride a Sporty!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Four...nope I am not shy :p

Have more pics...but will wait a while to share....cept maybe the bike only ones haha.

Hoping it cools down just a lil...want to get out on the bike BAD today!!!!! sigh.....

Till then I guess I will put the groceries away and go rub on my bike a lil.

Happy and Safe Ridin' !!! :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome GASheDeViL glad you have you aboard. Taking that course was more than likely the best thing you could do, I just completed one and found that they were a lot of thing I can improve on. Have fun riding and I am sure you'll get some good saddle time in the fall once it cools down a bit.

Take care.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hay, I re-read your post, so what's the big deal about your bike matching your hair, so does mine, silver. :D HAHA, only kidding only a little silver on the sides, most of it is still black. But I also agree with your tester and you have my cute vote too. Take care,

·
Registered
903 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
<{{{><
170 Posts
Welcome. Being a new rider trust no 4 wheeler and leave any worries behind. Just some free advise.

Warner Robbins-I used to fly C141 Starlifers to and from the base there, a very beautiful town.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

99 - Warner Robins is a beautiful town...and growing by leaps and bounds! My man is from this area and works on base.

Hottie - checked out the ChromeDivas website....VERY COOL!!!! If only I was closer...looks like a very fun bunch to ride/hang with! Maybe I will find some women folk to ride with round here if I get out enough!

I definitely don't trust any "4 wheeler" out there....especially being a woman on a bike....they really like to "get close" (staring and driving at you). But I giggle at all the stares at stop lights....see the elbows go "hey check it...a CHICK!" hehe so I rev it up for 'em...and off I go at the green while they wipe the drool off their chins....

Happy and Safe Riding! :D

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Now how did i miss this story? I especially like to welcome the women riders to the group....hell, they're the pretty ones of the species....and the most fun. LOL. Glad you found us and thanks for the story. The picture is very nice......the bike's nice too! :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum! J.T.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no Dean...not a former sportbike rider.....just learned how to do that on the bike when I was.....well...u know....:p :p :D ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts