V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have been noticing a lot of guys in virginia lately. I am going down to Virginia Beach for the holidays and was wondering what are good places to go to. You know the local bars, Harley dealers, custom shops, anything cool worth going to. I will be down there from the 23-2nd of january..I have been to boneshakers bar once, it was good.The only dealer i have been to was southside.There is no bike shows or swap meets or anything is there.....Let me know guys, thanks for the help and happ holidays to all...txchop

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
TXCHOP said:
Hey guys, i have been noticing a lot of guys in virginia lately. I am going down to Virginia Beach for the holidays and was wondering what are good places to go to. You know the local bars, Harley dealers, custom shops, anything cool worth going to. I will be down there from the 23-2nd of january..I have been to boneshakers bar once, it was good.The only dealer i have been to was southside.There is no bike shows or swap meets or anything is there.....Let me know guys, thanks for the help and happ holidays to all...txchop
I only know the north, south and west...Hey guys SPEAK UP and help a bro out!!!

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
The only place I remember was On The Rocks in VA Beach. Used to be a lot of bikes out there. Don't know if it's still kickin'. But if yer passing through on 64, stop at Pierces BBQ and grab a few quarts to go, you won't be sorry. And see Williamsburg. Lots to see that's free.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Can't help you with the bar scene. Southside put a big addition on last year so if it has been awhile, then might want to revisit them. The only other dealer in the area is Bayside in Portsmouth. A old but nice place with good people. They are building a huge new place, but not due to open until sometime in Jan. Spend more time in Norfolk than VA Beach. The downtown area has lots of excellent resturants along Granby St near Waterside and McCarther Center. About 50 miles west on hwy 58 in downtown Franklin is Fred's Resturant. Been in operation 50+ yrs. A good ride for a southern meal and beer. A frequent stop on some of the area rides. Have a good trip

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help guys, i'll check those places out.....I'll check into renting a bike for a day.....weather is supposed to be pretty nice down there, well as compared to my upstate NY weather anyway......thanks again I will check out Bayside as well.......

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
TXCHOP said:
thanks for the help guys, i'll check those places out.....I'll check into renting a bike for a day.....weather is supposed to be pretty nice down there, well as compared to my upstate NY weather anyway......thanks again I will check out Bayside as well.......
Hey....dude...sorry we didn't get a better turn-out, there are a bunch of riders down that way that coulda helped out :badmood:

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats O.k. swmnk, i am having a great time down here....I don't want to leave. i have been riding the hell out of my future brother in laws buell...You guys are really blessed with some outstanding riding down here.....I went over the chesepeak?(spelling) bay bridge tunnel the other day. It was awesome and with my new digi camera i stopped and took lots of pics. I also went for a nice trip down to north carolina to do a little sightseeing, BEAUTIFUL, is the only word that comes to mind......Humm, maybe i start to think about relocating???????????

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Don't know when you're heading out, but stop by Chick's Beach Cafe for a cold one and a sammich. My BIL Dan is the owner. It's pretty much right at the south end of he Bay Bridge Tunnel.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
TXCHOP said:
Thats O.k. swmnk, i am having a great time down here....I don't want to leave. i have been riding the hell out of my future brother in laws buell...You guys are really blessed with some outstanding riding down here.....I went over the chesepeak?(spelling) bay bridge tunnel the other day. It was awesome and with my new digi camera i stopped and took lots of pics. I also went for a nice trip down to north carolina to do a little sightseeing, BEAUTIFUL, is the only word that comes to mind......Humm, maybe i start to think about relocating???????????
Give us a yell when ya wanna do the "Blue Ridge"...we can show ya our version of the "dragon"...WAY too much to see in this state!!!

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sure thing i will be going down there a lot, my old ladys family and my new nephew are all there, scattered a little..Next trip down it will be with my bike though...The buell is fun to ride,but not after owning my electraglide......thaks for the help guys......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts