V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Even my cologne is chrome
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...

Greetings from Midland, Michigan! I enjoy the forum and find it helpful. Some of you have already helped me out on a couple of things, and I appreciate it.

Originally, I was going to stay on the sidelines and read up on things of interest but so far have found the group to be pretty interesting, helpful, knowledgable and candid.

So drop me a line sometime.

First Bike: 1997 Kawasaki Vulcan 500cc

Second/Current Bike:
2002 Fatboy, SE Stage I A/C, PCIIIusb, Hard Krome 3" slash-cut slip ons

More background:
Second wife, no kids (yet). Work hard, play hard. Engineer-turned-finance-guy. I don't drink and ride, am not religious but believe, am nursing a hangover this morning, brew my own beer, have a bird dog and a 1952 mahogany Century resorter.

Rob
MichiganFatboy
Midland, MI

·
Registered
129 Posts
Rob: Welcome to the forum. I finally joined after reading several forums for several months. My first bikes were Yamahas 350,650 back in the 70's then I quit riding. Bought a HD 883 at an auction then traded it this year for a new Dyna Low Rider. I probably have 40,000 miles under my belt but the majority was 30 years ago. So, in effect, I am a new rider again. Married, 3 kids, I am a consultant to the automotive industry. This forum seem to have a lot of very experienced people who have a lot of good advice. Good luck! KB :welcome:

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
:welcome: to the forums.

Glad to see another Fatboy rider. You can't go wrong with a Fatboy.

Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Welcome and enjoy. waitng for the warmer weather here in Michigan to enjoy the bike as you are.

Good luck and ride safe.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Glad you found this place helpful. Post up often and enjoy!

·
Who, me?
434 Posts
Welcome MIFatboy, fellow MI native (Oxford). Used to go through Midland getting to CMU and frequented the small mall there.

This weather absolutely sucks! I am having difficulty with the latest snowstorm we just got.

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
michiganfatboy said:
we were spared the snow, but the bone chilling cold is tough.

thanks for the note.
Welcome, Fatboy!

As a fellow Michigander for 36 years, I can relate to the "bone chilling cold". I had enough of it and headed south where I can ride year round!

See ya around the forums!

·
Even my cologne is chrome
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Godiva, seeing your photo and approach to 'protective' (SPF 30) riding gear, I take it the warmer climate was a neccessity. Nice for you.

Enjoy.

MFB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts